View Poll Results: How do you feel about Claire Weekes ??

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fantastic, would recommend to everyone

69 60.00%
  • Was just ok

12 10.43%
  • Didnt help at all

6 5.22%
  • Dont know who she is

28 24.35%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Claire Weekes ???

Re: Claire Weekes ???

When Panic Attacks
    By
    Dr Aine Tubridy
    Another very good easy to read book

Also has CD
    Best wishes
    June
    PS not as many post it notes as Claire Weekes yet.

Hi

After ten years of suffering anxiety and trying to fight it every step of the way, I have just read Claire Weekes book and it has shown me that the best way is to just accept it and try and let it float over you. This is not always easily done for someone with anxiety, and pretty much impossible when in the midst of suffering the unpleasant side effects of anxiety. But i do now believe that with time and practice is will be possible.

To fight it just raises the adrenaline and makes even more anxious. Im not going to ignore my anxiety, just not give it undue attention. I have read 'self help for your nerves' and although it is fairly basic, it has really opened my eyes.

A book I would recommend , which i am reading now is: Dale Carnegie- 'How to stop worrying and start living'. Works along the same principle as Claire Weekes, but in more detail.

Cheers
    Mark

totally awesome, i have downloaded the mp3s on my phone and whenever i feel anxious i just listen and relax.

once again, a totally awsome human being.

I bought her first two books back in the 80's - that's the 1980's I was so relieved to see my symptoms written down in a book. I hadn't, at the time, really spoke to anyone about how I felt. Her reasoning is very simple, but very hard to do. However I voted would recommend because if you can do what she says then you are cured. Also her tapes/cd's are very good too & her voice is very soothing because she doesn't seem to make a 'big deal' out of our disorder, neither does she take it lightly. Well, I know what I mean.....lol.

My books have been everywhere with me.......which isn't that far but even in my lil one bed flat, they go from room to room. Also in my 'old ladies' trolley when I go to the shopsthey are tattered & worn, just like me
    I have so many books on this subject having suffered for so long, none compare to hers. It must be very good advice seeing as they are still being sold & her first ones were written in the 60's & she passed away on 1990.

If only I could do what she recommends

Els

She's Great - Have Not Read Her Books But Listened To All 4 Downloads From The Nmp Shop.

Brilliant - In Process Of Helping!!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information