Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Stopped Going Out Compleatly A Couple Of Years Ago

Post I Stopped Going Out Compleatly A Couple Of Years Ago

AND NOW IV GRADUALLY MENDED MYSELF TO GO THE GYM AND OUT AND ABOUT!! I USED TO HAVE FRIENDS BUT NOW IV LOST THEM ALL!! I DONT GO OUT WITH ANYONE NOW BUT MY SELF AND FAMILY!! MY MATES HAVE GIVEN UP ON ME I THINK BECAUSE I BECAME AN ACLUSE AND DISTANCED MYSELF FROM EVERYBODY!! I SUFFER FROM SERVERE DEPRESSION AND IV COPED WITH THE SOCIAL ANXIETY ABIT BETTER NOW BUT IM ONLY YOUNG AND IM MISSING OUT ON EVERYTHING YOUNG PEOPLE SHOULD BE DOING!! IS THERE ANY HOPE FOR ME??? ANYONE IN THE SAME SITUATION??? id love to talk to people in the same situation!!!

Re: I Stopped Going Out Compleatly A Couple Of Years Ago

Im still young, 32

Am having problems going anywhere at the moment. I was meant to be going out tomorrow but Im too tired and I dont think I can manage I feel stressed at the thought of it.

It would be so much easier to just stay inside forever but really thats not ideal so Im gonna have to get myself sorted somehow.

Smile Re: I Stopped Going Out Compleatly A Couple Of Years Ago

Well done for joining a gym. I did this too and know that it helps. I become very anxious about going out so i always go when i feel it is the best time for me(which is first thing in the morning) If i leave it later i usually find an excuse.
    If you can't face it ask a family member to go with you.
    Everything is a small step and it will take time. The fact that your trying is the first step. If there are any classes at the gym,try one. There will be like minded people to speak to afterwards as you get to know them.
    Best of luck to you and keep trying x

My friends are now all married with kids or engaged or whatever and so they've become really boring and stay in and I find it hard to get out and face my fears in that respect. I know they would go out if we organised something like a trip to the races instead of the boring old pub but I couldn't go. Im 26 and hardly have anything resembling a social life so I know how frustrating it is for you. Well done on the gym, exercise is so good for your mood

cameronjcw= yes i get very tired because im thinging all the time and worrying! so im too tired to do anything!

muppet = id love to join a class and make new friends but i avnt got the convidence to do so!! if i just had a few friends again i think i could have a abit of convidence to do more things but im too far out of my mates lifes now:(

Eva May vbmenu_register("postmenu_427659", true);

- yeah thats what makes it worse they have all girlfriends and that so there always with them!! :(

Im 23 now and have been agoraphobic for 7-8 years, Ive also lost all my friends due to this. Its very difficult to try and go out if theirs nobody their for you. At least your attempting to beat this by going to the gym, thats the first big step (imo) I wish I could be that way.

Hi
    I am really restricted by my panic attaks... where i go, who with, etc. I also feel like im missing out and have lost most of my friends, and feel that family just think im awkward at times. (Im 27)
    I am at the stage where my situation bores me. Im so fed up with staying at home, having so few friends, going to the same places. Im sick of the panic attacks and im hoping and praying that i can finally get a strong enough frame of mind to stick a situation out, rather than running away.
    Im new to this web site, and until today i hadn't really assosiated myself with agoraphobia, but more of a social phobia. It was a new doctor who enlightened me.
    Anyway, Im hoping that with advice and support from this web site, i can start to face things head on. And at least i dont feel like a total loner!
    carla-jane!x

I'm 52 years old and stay home, by choice, and prefer it that way. I do go out from time-to-time, especially when I'm being paid to do so (such as a lecture, meeting, exhibit, teaching, etc.). But I have built my own world around me . . . everything that I want is right here, including my own gym with boxing, etc.

I don't have a fear of going out, nor do I have a fear of meeting other people. I just prefer not to do either, and I'm very happy that way. I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world.

I could spend the rest of my life right where I am (and probably will), and never feel as if I ever missed out on anything.

Rather odd, I guess, considering how much other people wish for the opposite.

carla-jane- I feel like I have written that!

Welcome, I am new also

Hello
    I think depression on its own makes people distance themselves and need to stay home, with social anxiety as well it makes it doublly hard. I have suffered from depression at the extreme as well as social anxiety. I never had a life , just stayed at home . With the help from a community support worker attached to my community mental health centre and a therapist, i have been able to turn things around and even have a part time job and have bought a pony.
    i know and understand how hard it can be
    Spotty Socks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information