Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Throat, improvements, questions

No - you've been taking it too long fior this. Those are just immediate - this really doesn't suit you reactions - bit like allergies.

**get spoken to whilst out before I've had time to think about it, those few words seem to be spoken ok** So spontanous stuff is easier than pre meditated stuf.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

It definitely is meg and I've excelled myself today! I started out going to a hardware shop to get some bolts, then to B&Q, Wickes, Toys R Us, Comet, Currys, Tescos at peak and did a bit of shopping, bumped into someone that works in the same department and had a chat with her for about 20 minutes and told her why I am off etc etc, then onto McDonalds to get a McFlurry! My pulse didn't increase at any time whilst I was out either! <FAB>

My throat has been pretty acceptable whilst out (distraction?). One big thing that I think is making things a lot worse is the pills drying my throat and mouth. Chewing gum helps a lot but I have to change it about every hour as my gullet feels like cardboard. I think this leads to the dangly bit and tongue brushing against each other and I react in a nervous manner.

Mark

Hi Mark

good to hear you have had a good day just keep focusing on that,
    wel done x

take care

kairen x

Mark

I am pleased to hear that you seem to be making progress with this and accepting it more.

Sucking mints will help keep things lubricated as well - may be better than gum anyway.

You are doing great so stick at it ok and in time you will forget about it - distraction is great for that.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Hi Kairen and thanks! Did you have a good holiday?? x

Thanks for the encouragement and suggestion Nicola, it's so very much appreciated! It seems that going out seems to be my best distraction now whereas a month or so ago I wouldn't have dreamt of stepping outdoors! If it hadn't been for this site..... well let's not even go there! x

Wow Mark,

Thats was a day and a half in one .. Very well done indeed - you do seem to have turned the biggest corner.

Yes a well known side effect is drying.

Your uvula should really not be in contact with your tongue.. Is it or are you thinking it is .......

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi Meg and thanks!

It may just be the perception that it's touching my tongue. It could be more likely that because I hold my tongue against the back of my throat and against the roof of my mouth most of the time that it feels like it. It's at the very back of my tongue/throat/roof of mouth that gets the driest, even when sipping water my tongue literally sticks to the roof of my mouth. I think that's why certain words feel a little strange to speak and the sensation just adds to the sensitivity of my throat as it's my nervous focal point. As I mentioned before, I looked down my throat and I thought my uvula was fairly big but my throat looks fine. I asked my dad if I could look at his and it's HUGE! His looks as if it disappears down his throat and is a lot wider and longer than mine!

Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information