Thread: please respond

please respond

looking back to being a child, i think ive always suffered with anxiety, if thats possible. i used to think about death because my mum was a worrier. i used to wonder a lot how we are here, ect. from the age of about 8-9. looking back now i remember having bouts of dp/dr, which i remember saying to people i feel weird but nobody understood. it used to pass, basically ive been dyagnosed with anxiety/ disorder. i havent seen anyone bar a dr, im 23 now so this has gone on and on 4 years. basically, ive suffered/ recovered/suffered/ recovered. never really knowing what was wrong with me. sometimes i feel its hard to put it all down to anxiety, because now im not that much of a worrier, with health ect. but i do worry about how im feeling. i cant nap in the day, because i woke up with a fuzzy head then got soo terrified thinking it was dp-dr that i caused myself a panic attack. although i have been lately feeling detached and emotionless, which was horrible. thats gone for now, and im starting to feel more myself. but when my physical symptoms go off i keep thinking of how i feel when im going through a anxiety mode, i feel really scared but not sure what about. is this normal. like il go into my bedroom and it will feel horrible and strange, and i wont want to do things i like to usually do because i get a weird feeling from it, like dirty its so weird its scary. help please

Re: please respond

Hi

Welcome to the site I am sure you will get some good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

Hi

Hope you get loads of useful information from the website.
    There is always somebody who can relate, even if in a little way,
    to your situation.

Not sure if you've been to see your Doctor recently, but it would be good to try and relay what you've said on here.

Dont be scared to say how you really feel, that will the start to your recovery.

Take care and all the best.

Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

The Sticky Kitchen on facebook!

Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

welcome. without wanting to engage in amateur diagnosis I would suggest you read up on Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD). There is very good info in the info pages of this site listed on the left under Problems/Issues... etc. There is also some stuff on some NHS sites and other sites. The charity at www.anxietycare.org.uk have some good overviews which I especially liked: http://www.anxietycare.org.uk/docs/anxiety.asp and
    http://www.anxietycare.org.uk/docs/gad.asp I haven't got my lists to hand I will post some more tomorrow if I can.

I concluded this was part of what had limited or blocked me for quite a while. I had some depression (now blocked with pills) but this really came out of the anxiety combined with real disappointments. Looking back a combination of anxiety and avoidance (which easily follows from anxiety) have affected me to varying degrees over a long time. You may be the same or you may be different. When I started reading websites and books I learnt about GAD and made connections.

Thank you for the insight Kevin. What you said makes a lot of sense. I will definitely take a look at those websites.

Welcome to the site hun and hope you find what you need here, you're not alone xx

Thread Information