Hi all,

I've been posting up my problem in the General Anxiety page, but I'm starting to wonder if my problem has moved into the realms of becoming a phobia.

Here's the link to the original page

HTML Code:
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=39480

I'm now at that point where even during the day, if I hear anything from downstairs or outside my body reacts in what I call an "adrenal dump" - my heart starts pounding, my stomach sinks, my hands start shaking, and my mind starts racing at a million miles an hour. It seems to be a classic panic attack, but it seems to be hearing outside noise (sudden noise like a dog, a door buzzer going, or a door banging) that brings it on.

It was / is originally tied to a fear about being kept awake / woken up at night by noisy neighbours, and despite the fact that this has happened only once in blue moon, it seems to be a real overiding fear of mine of late.

But when I start panicking even when the outside door bangs during the day, even though I know in my mind it's not a problem, my body seems conditioned to do the "adrenal dump".

Does this sound like a phobia? It seems to be just this specific situation that brings on the panic, and even thinking about it whilst somewhere else can cause the onset of an attack.
The problem I have is that I can't avoid it, because it concerns me being in my flat, and I'm unsure about how to proceed to try to correct this behaviour (see the original thread for details about medication I'm on and where I am at the moment.)