Thread: Bump under my armpit a few weeks ago, now a bump on my groin... Please help

Bump under my armpit a few weeks ago, now a bump on my groin... Please help

Hey guys this is my first post here. A few weeks ago I had a bump under my armpit which I assumed was a swollen lymph node, but have no clue. After about three or four days the lump disappeared. Just for the record, that bump did hurt whenever it was touched. Now, a few weeks have passed and for some reason I noticed a bump the size of maybe a small marble, it's not very big at all, on my groin where the top of my leg connects. It's small right now and doesn't really hurt. Becomes a bit irritated if I touch it, but it doesn't hurt as bad as the armpit bump did. I'm really scarred I have lymphoma or something. I don't know if I'm just scarring myself or not, but these two bumps are pretty scary (the armpit one being gone now). I had a physical maybe six months ago, and everything came back fine when they ran my blood, but I doubt they check for something like lymphoma in all their patients. If anyone could give me some insight and put my mind at ease I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thank you very much.

Re: Bump under my armpit a few weeks ago, now a bump on my groin... Please help

Sounds like a viral infection hun, glands coming up in your groin & arm are normal xx

Hi,

I have to agree with Nickieb and say that it sounds like a viral infection. When your body is trying to rid itself of a virus the lymph nodes very often swell up simply because they're working hard.

Another reason could be an ingrown hair from shaving. I get these and they sound just like the lumps you are describing, and are in the same places! They can be very painful but simply putting some antiseptic cream on them and avoiding deoderant should see them disappear in 3 or 4 days. Just keep the area clean.

They don't sound like anything to worry about, I hope you're ok! xx

Hi there, it could be just some fatty tissue or somthing other members have mentioned, I would however make an appointment and get a proper check, either it will put your mind at ease or worst case scenario, if it was something more serious allow it to be treated, I know this must be worrying, but stay strong, all the best, Steph

Thanks guys that is comforting. I'm gonna wait a couple days and hope it goes away, which I'm sure it will. It being a viral infection would make sense. Thanks a lot guy, put my mind at ease

I always get lumps in my groin, well saying always usually 2/3 times a year, nothing to worry about, they are in the same place and size as you described.

I sometimes get lumps in armpits round TOTM, last a few days then gone.

Thread Information