Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nose Cancer

Nose Cancer

I now think it is nose cancer. Have a ct sinus scan tomorrow. Am so scared. The pain is bad. Have pain in my ears, it says on various websites, nose cancer causes pain deep in the ears.
    So scared. I think this is it.

I also have a red sore on my nose now at the top. I think this is a cancer ulcer.

Re: Nose Cancer

Quote Originally Posted by fairyloveheart View Post
    I now think it is nose cancer. Have a ct sinus scan tomorrow. Am so scared. The pain is bad. Have pain in my ears, it says on various websites, nose cancer causes pain deep in the ears.
    So scared. I think this is it.

I also have a red sore on my nose now at the top. I think this is a cancer ulcer.
    No you do not have nose cancer.

I wish I had your optimism. I can't bear it any longer. I'm frightened about the scan. I didn't know what it would be like before and now I do. You are so brave Trixie.

I don't think ive ever heard of anyone having nose cancer, I didn't think there was such a thing. Just goes to show what google can come up with eh? Fairy, i really think they're more likely to tell you its your sinuses. That can be soooo painful and can affect ears too.

Let us know what they say anyway...xxx

Hi Fairy, sorry to hear about your worries, but I must confess to having a little chuckle at your thread. Nerves are amazing things, and when we get sensitized to them, we become more aware of potential 'faults' within our bodies, and then comes the real fear that we have some underlying condition, like cancer, and we then panic more. We then dedicate every living second of our lives to this terrible affliction, utterly convinced that we indeed have the disease, but I can tell you right now that you do not have nose cancer, and the doctor who referred you to have the CT scan also knows you don't have cancer. You either have an infection, or inflammation, but nothing serious. Remember, the nose, ears and throat are all linked, so it's no surprise that your ears are hurting too.

As for the sore on the top of your nose.... it's not cancer either, I promise you.

I'm quite sure that this time tomorrow, you will be having a wee chuckle yourself when you read just how worried you were when you wrote this thread. Let us know how you got on.

House.

I wish I had your optimism. I can't bear it any longer. I'm frightened about the scan. I didn't know what it would be like before and now I do. You are so brave Trixie.
    Me brave? I don't think so.

Hi

At least the scan was quite speedy. They didn't tell me anything though, I have to w8 till the results are sent to the consultant. Thanks for everyone's kind words. I have my rational moments where I think, these things I keep worrying about are rarer than they are common, but then there's always this little voice in the back of my head saying...you're the one FLH! Sorry for going on all the time :(

Panicing again, scared, i'm sure i'm dying. Head keeps tingling.....on the top, earache all day.

Would a radiologist be able to see/understand a scan? How long would it take for a consultant to contact you if they found something bad?????? HELP

Any ideas, ain is very bad today, pressure in my face and ears

Panicing again, scared, i'm sure i'm dying. Head keeps tingling.....on the top, earache all day.

Would a radiologist be able to see/understand a scan? How long would it take for a consultant to contact you if they found something bad?????? HELP
    Even if the radiographer saw something she wouldn't be able to tell you. They would have to be seen and read by a radiologist (who is a doctor usually a consultant).

The report would then be sent to the person who ordered the scan in the first place and they would send for you no matter what the result was.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information