View Poll Results: Would you like there to be a 24 hour period before members are removed?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 45.59%
  • No

7 10.29%
  • Don't mind

30 44.12%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Removing members

Re: Removing members

Well,.. I've put 24hr period before deletion....

Hi everyone

I just thought i would let you know my vote was I dont mind what decision is made.

I voted that way because if you ask to have all your details removed immediately then the admins can do that, if you want 24hrs they will let you do that and for instance if you want to come back then guess what.... you can do that too!!!!!!!!!

I have to say though that i did like the admins doing the poll as at least it shows they are asking for the members views, which is always appreciated im sure.

Just a thought though, is there one admin responsible for deleting accounts etc or can anyone of the admins do it? Maybe it would be an idea to let members know which person to contact if they want there details changed/deleted and then they can go to one particular person instead of having to post on the forum, that way we wouldnt have these threads about wanting to leave etc. Just a thought.

Love Tracy

Any admin can do it so all a member would need to do is PM one of us and we would take care of it.

I wasn't trying to sound harsh or anything in my reply and I'm so sorry if it came off that way! I thought that there was a question as to why the poll had been posted and thought I would answer it.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    Lao-Tze

No No didnt think you were, was just trying to sort out this problem, so that everyone is happy.

I'd like to thank you for asking for our opinions... I am sure people would complain if you just made changes. I bet you feel you can not do wrong for doing right and all that! You do a good fine job keeping this site going. Why on earth you volunteer for it is a mystery to me

This is all getting a bit bizare to be honest. What is all the fuss about, surely there are more important things in life than this, after all it's just a poll!!! There are plenty of polls on here every day, why are people getting so het up about this???

It's getting a bit boring. If someone wants to leave they can, then if they change there minds they can re open their account. We all have to make decisions every day of our lives, that's life I guess, and we learn by them. The thing about deciding to leave here is, you can reverse the decision and come back.

I can vaguely see the point about a cooling off period, but please this is not a binding contract or something, they aren't getting divorced lol. People are welcome to come back if they think they made the wrong choice.

However I do think it is good that members are being asked what they want as it seems to me the admins can't win whatever they do!!! Since people seem to have got so worked up about this I think they had little option but it beats me why it ever got to this point. Zzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!

There is a question I would like to ask please. If u dont come on the site for a long amount of time, if there a time limit for your name to be automatically deleted.

Just wondered.

Diane xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

good question diane my previous account was deleted and i didnt leave my pc broke down.

No your account is only removed if you ask for it to be, however, back when we moved to the new server I think that some of the members who weren't active didn't transfer over, I THINK!!
    LOL

You know sometime it does feel like the admins have targets on their backs. But the truth is that I would walk thru fire for this site cuz it's helped me out so much!!
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    Lao-Tze

If you have not been on the site for over 3 months and never posted then your login will be pruned and removed.

I do this periodically.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information