Thread: Tight band across forehead

Tight band across forehead

Hey guys, this sort of leads on from last nights post, but I won't go into too much detail. My eyepain isn't bothering me today, but something else is. Does anyone get muscle tension across their forehead, and only there? It doesn't feel like a normal headache---it started that way but has morphed into just tension, as if the muscles are all contracted. I am very stressed and anxious at the moment with things to do with the head etc.

I'm adding another question if you don't mind. I always find it incredibly reasuring to know that I'm not alone with my symptoms. Can anyone who suffers with eye ache and headache (specifically around the forehead) please let me know!!

Any replies very much appreciated
    Last edited by Helen1973; 10-12-08 at 18:29. Reason: Expanded

Re: Tight band across forehead

Hi again Helen

We seem to be suffering from similar things at the moment!!

My eyes and head are bad today. My head pain is usually round the left side and back of my head but I also get head pains over the top of my nose and forehead. When I get these, I can often see that I have been screwing my eyes up and frowning. Try relaxing your face muscles. Sometimes, doing this can make you realise just how tensed up they are!

x

Quote Originally Posted by Jo3016 View Post
    Hi again Helen

We seem to be suffering from similar things at the moment!!

My eyes and head are bad today. My head pain is usually round the left side and back of my head but I also get head pains over the top of my nose and forehead. When I get these, I can often see that I have been screwing my eyes up and frowning. Try relaxing your face muscles. Sometimes, doing this can make you realise just how tensed up they are!

x
    Thank you, Jo! HA is the pits isn't it. I'm full of anxiety today. Hopefully we will both feel calmer and happier soon.

Hi Helen

I suffer from headaches and tightness around the forehead alot, as well as aching eyes. I have been to the opticians to get tested and they said I was slightly short sighted and gave me glasses for driving. However it feels alot more than slightly to me!!!!

I get alot of tension headaches and tale Syndol tablets an over the counter medication which is specifically for tesion headaches, they are brilliant. but if I take two they make me drowsy, so if I'm at work I only take one. It works a treat.

Also I get neck and shoulder pain at times, do you get this??? Of course it is all just due to muscle tension.

Quote Originally Posted by andie73 View Post
    Hi Helen

I suffer from headaches and tightness around the forehead alot, as well as aching eyes. I have been to the opticians to get tested and they said I was slightly short sighted and gave me glasses for driving. However it feels alot more than slightly to me!!!!

I get alot of tension headaches and tale Syndol tablets an over the counter medication which is specifically for tesion headaches, they are brilliant. but if I take two they make me drowsy, so if I'm at work I only take one. It works a treat.

Also I get neck and shoulder pain at times, do you get this??? Of course it is all just due to muscle tension.
    Thank you, andie73! So you think that eyeache and forehead ache is tension related? I had read that tension headaches tended to be more on the side of the head than the front. It would be nice to know that was incorrect.

I have been suffering with shoulder ache recently too.
    Last edited by Helen1973; 10-12-08 at 22:40.

Hi Helen

I tend to get the pain on one side, usually my right side but the tight tension thing can be all over. I would def give those tablets a go though, but check with the pharmacist if you are on any other meds.

Thread Information