Thread: Friend in need...

Friend in need...

Hi Guys and Girls,

I'm Lee - From sunny ol essex...

Thought it might help if I signed up on here, a very close friend of mine has recently been diagnosed with depression, she has been prescribled citalopram 20mg tablet and is currently in her 3rd week of taking it, but has said that it is about her 12th month of not feeling herself but it has got worse and worse from july ish,

Really I just wondered if there was any advice anyone could give me on how to help, i'm trying my best but im no expert in how to help or what i should be or shouldn't be doing... I can't begin to imagine how tough it must be for you guys to go through this and it really hurts to see someone I care about lots to be in such a bad place so any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway - thats me rambling on for long enough now... (sorry - coolest smilie ever!!!)

Lee

Re: Friend in need...

Warm welcome Lee,

Citalopram takes up to six weeks to kick in and settle into your system and even then its gradual you don't suddenly feel different overnight. Check out the Citalopram forum/threads.
    Lee would your friend consider coming on site, might help her chat to others who feel the same, we have a great chatroom which helps pass the time and empathise/sympathise with others.
    Hope you enjoy the site and find some answers and maybe try to persuade your friend to join you here.

love Sax

Hi Lee

Welcome to the site, it's good that you are trying to help your friend and I am sure you will find lots of good advice and support on here.

It would be great if you could get your friend to join the site also.

Carol

hi and welcome to NMP

<stops cowerin in the corner>...She's here...Hey you

You're so sweet signing up on here...thanks

What would I do without you, ay?

E xxx

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked.Bernard Meltzer.

hey guys thanks for the welcomes and yes emms - you are already signed up so first job done :-)

Hi

to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice and support.

chat is fun too

to nmp...glad you've decided to join.

Im sure you will find the help and support you need here and you'll meet some lovely people here along the way.
    Good luck...

Thread Information