Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drinking on Diazepam.

Re: Drinking on Diazepam.

Mmm. Me too, agreed.
    Marie

Re: Drinking on Diazepam.

Quote Originally Posted by leeb85 View Post
    You should not take diazepam and alcohol at the same time as they both depress the CNS. You are prone to aspirating (breathing in your own vomit) and the sedation effects of both combined are dangerous. Of course there will be people that have done this and been fine but the risks are higher than the benefits of having a drink. Maybe lay off the alcohol if you're having enough anxiety to warrant taking a benzo. When you wean yourself off the benzos then perhaps you might consider drinking in moderation.

Give yourself a chance to deal with your anxiety with CBT, meditation, education and ADs. Alcohol and caffeine etc. should be avoided whilst dealing with anxiety. I am now 3 months taking cit and very rarely take benzos (only when having a very bad day!). I have only just started to allow myself alcohol and caffeine after having dealt with my anxiety to the extent that i could function without benzos.

Also, it's a similar situation with zoplicone which I know a number of NMP posters take. Best to not combine with alcohol.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by angelea View Post
    I'm responding to this in case anyone finds this the way I did. before I actually realised the danger of drinking with diazepam, I actually drank quite a lot of whiskey and took two or three of my 10mg Valium (I was having a rough day) and I woke up the next morning fine. and then I had a really bad day again and did basically the same thing but was fine again. I don't recommend it at all because i know in certain cases it is dangerous, and I'm even questioning one glass of wine with a pill just in case. I think I'm gonna do it anyways but I figured the fact I didn't die was something to share
    Nuff said!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information