Thread: Mole help

Mole help

I have a small (probably about 3mm across), dark brown mole on the back of my lower leg - it's almost black. I checked the ABCD of melanoma and it doesn't look bad - it's symmetrical, it's perfectly round / oval, it's not that big, but the fact it's so dark worries me. It's been there for years, but I'm sure it looks darker than it used to, but I'm not sure if that's just me noticing it and worrying or if it IS darker.

Anyone else have a mole like this - should I be worried? Oh I can feel it if I run my finger over it - smooth and slightly raised. There's no itching and nothing crazy going on with it - it's just there

Thanks.

Re: Mole help

It might even qualify as a prominent freckle - I don't know

Re: Mole help

I have more moles than I've managed to count, and about 20% of them fit the criteria for a 'dodgy' mole - asymmetrical, different colours, raised, sometimes itchy, large.... But i've had all of them checked out multiple times and i've been told theres nothing to worry about.

I really wouldn't worry about it, but next time you see a doctor just get them to take a look to put your mind at rest, if that isn't likely to happen for a while, take a photo of it, and check on it again in a fortnight - see if it looks any different, if it does it could be something you want to get checked out.

Hope that has helped a little bit....

Thread Information