Quote Originally Posted by Rachel J View Post
Hey ya , i started on zispen 15 and worked my way up to 45mg , i had never taking anything like that before cos im a single parent of 3 young kids , i was always weary of stuff that wud make ya drozy , anyway yes i experienced them symptoms for the first month of taking the 45mg but in hindsight it was the best decision of my life to continue taking them. i now feel motivated in life where i never used to be and to be honest i didnt even no how bad my depression was until i was out the far side of it. i started them simply to help me sleep. i say take them for 6 weeks and if u dont feel the benifit after that then reduce ur dose again. hope i have helped
Hi Rachel I'm glad that you have found benefit from mitazapine 45mg. I am also on 45mg and I agree that you need to allow time for this medication to work. I would never suggest to anyone that they reduce their meds without their doctors permission. There is usually a reason that we are on a particular dose. It seems that many people are put on mirtazapine to help them sleep, help them eat or sleep. It is great news that you are coping with depressive illness with three kids that is no mean feat. I'm glad that mirtazapine is working well for you and me. Are you still taking it? EJ.