Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone on 45mg Mirtazapine?

anyone on 45mg Mirtazapine?

Hi there,

I've been taking 30mg of Mirtazapine for about a year. I take it at 11pm and it provides pretty much the only respite from the day's anxiety and dizziness. The doc suggested I increase to 45mg recently because I went to see him about the fact that I am still not feeling good.

However, after 4 days on 45mg I dropped back to 30mg. I felt very tired, headache and anxious/sick.

Has anyone persisted up to 45mg/day? How long did it take for you to feel ok on it, and was it worth it?

Thanks for your help!

Re: anyone on 45mg Mirtazapine?

hi hun, cant help with this but just wanna send u a hug and bump u back up the forum so hopefully someone can advise u, off u goooo xxxxxxxxx

I'm on 45, have been for about 3 years. It took me about a week to get used to the higher dose and it made a big difference - just my experience

Have been taking 45mg for a couple of months, but am desperate to get off, feel fat, awkward and uncomfortable. Have decided to drop it completely and see what happens. Am off work at the moment and hopefully the pre christmas rush will take my mind off it. anyone tried anything similar ? Any help gratefully recieved.

Cookie64

I came off citalopram cold turkey with minimal problems. On Mirtazapine 30mg
    now and know exactly how you feel. Your three words "fat, awkward and uncomfortable" describe it perfectly!!!

It's always best to talk to your GP before changing dose/stopping, even if you are set on stopping it's best they know what's going on so can help you in the right way if needed. I was surprised that my GP was so supportive when I came off Citalopram suddenly!

Keep us posted on here about how you are getting on - i for one will be interested to know your progress. Desperate to be off the meds myself.

xx

I made the move from 30 to 45mgs last months gradually by splitting the pills - all I can say is its made no difference to me.

The first day of increasing a felt a little dizzy but nothing else. I cant honestly say that it's not made any improvement to me at all, If anything I suspect that it is making me feel more strange. I don't feel like doing anything and still anxious as hell :-(

But as with every medication it effects everyone differently. On the upside there were no major side effect from increasing the dose.

Hope this helps you at the end of the day its worth trying anything to get better

An anxiety sufferer since 29/01/2008 - never giving up even if the way forward sometimes looks like the way backwards.

Took no mirtazapine and no quetiapine last night and took only 500 mg of lithium and 15mg ox zopiclone. Felt good togay in a strange way/ physical or mental, not sure, ran 7 miles to day and did an exstensive work.

day two feeling good - 2 moro shopping will hopefully take my mind off the possible effects.

\till tommorow - feel very tired before bedtime (10:00)

Onward and upward to new frontiers

Crikey Cookie, didn't realise you were on all those other things too! How can you pin point mirt as the problem?

Nice one on the good day though! Here's hoping for tomoro!!

OK - Now taking zero Lithium, zero quetiapine, zero mirtazapine and 15mg zopiclone at night for some respite.
    Am having bad stomach pains and extensive shivers, but after a week I am now tolerant of them OR they could be less severe. I made the decision to quit all apart from the sleeping med as I was scared of what these things were doing to my physical side. I am running about 6 miles every other day at least which I find is helpful to de-stress me. I can't sleep at night and believe I am addicted/dependant on the sleeping med(zopiclone). The plan now is to carry on with everything as it stands and then in two weeks time try to eliminate a quarter of my sleepy tabs. If anyone else has any experience of this please let me know. I wouldn't recommend coming of meds. abrubtly to anyone - side effects and the original need for them - but for me it's important, I just wish I had someone who had seen me amonth ago could see me now and tell me the differences. I do feel as though my mental state has slipped back a bit, BUT I feel more in control and can manage day to day life better - main setback = complete fear of meeting people.

Will post more in a week - hope this is a help to someone somewhere.

"The longest march, starts with the smallest step"

Well done Cookie! It must feel so good to be so in control of your meds, can't help but be a little jealous. I hate that I still need the Mirt, missed a few doses here and there over xmas and paid the price Boxing day and yesterday.

And now I've got a new side effect - swollen ankles! Oh joy!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information