Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: anyone on 45mg Mirtazapine?

Re: anyone on 45mg Mirtazapine?

Quote Originally Posted by cedlong View Post
    Hi there,

I've been taking 30mg of Mirtazapine for about a year. I take it at 11pm and it provides pretty much the only respite from the day's anxiety and dizziness. The doc suggested I increase to 45mg recently because I went to see him about the fact that I am still not feeling good.

However, after 4 days on 45mg I dropped back to 30mg. I felt very tired, headache and anxious/sick.

Has anyone persisted up to 45mg/day? How long did it take for you to feel ok on it, and was it worth it?

Thanks for your help!
    i have been on mirtazapine 45mg for the last 18m it took mee 14days thy i stared to fell alot better

Hey guys

my first post in the forum and would like you give you some advice on panic disorder and depression i am a nurse practitioner and deal specificity with mental health... many people seem to say very similar things about the drug mirtazapine i would like to share some tips, i have have many clients on the this drug...

First is dose, remember always to have a good relationship with you GP or mental health worker as getting the best treatment is key in recovering.

I tend to use this particularly drug for people who have had substance abuse issue's in the past and also, poly pharmacy using this drug ill explain more in a moment.

dose is very important depending what type of problems you are suffering from. For example someone who is suffering form major depression. I would start them on 15mg mirtazapine but in conjunction with and SSRI as mirtazpine is not an SSRI there is reasons for this. The mirtazapine can be sedating and can make people feel groggy and lethargic the SSRI and Tricyclic work with each-other in filling the serotonin receptors so poly pharmacology the SSRI can real help balance this out, as-well as a significant difference in mood. Most GP's do not like to prescribe two together they mite say there is a major drug interaction this is not true this was made when the drug first came out and has been tried and tested dual pharmacy and is not the case i have many patient's on this combination and was the assistant of Dr K Watts a leading expert in this Field, most GPs do not have the knowledge of this and therefore do use it...

Also I have seen siginficant differences when i dual prescribe it with an low dose anti-psychotic just because its label, it may put people off. Not all people using this drug are psychotic.. i was trained but one of England best in this field of medicine and published a paper on this topic "remember two key component regulated mood serotonin and dopamine" allot of the time doctor over focas on the section with no help to the client were dopamine is another massive part of it, all the anti-psychotics to is re-uptake dopamine some also work on the 5-HT receptors meaning serotonin so this can be an option.

there is also many fantastic herbal options available please msg for any advice on this subject

please email me for more information, with your health query i would be happy to assist

Nurse Practitioner, Yusuf Hoffman BA Ms PHD

Hi there Yusuf

I assume Dr Watts has published a paper on this? Could you let me know the name of the study as I would be interested in reading it, I imagine it's available online?

Bump?

Yusuf I believe that the whole point of the forum is for 'lay' people to share experiences. I do not want to see a whole post about ssris and mirtazapine some of it inaccurate from a 'health professional'. This information can be found online and elsewhere. I think that you are missing the point and your post should be removed. You are not sharing your experiences as a lay person. There are plenty of forums for professionals such as yourself. I object to you clogging up the forum in this way. I might be sticking my neck out here but unless you are ill with anxiety or depression or have a close family member who is a sufferer then you have no place here sorry. EJ.
    Last edited by ElizabethJane; 06-10-10 at 18:48.

I don't think having an 'expert' view is necessarily a bad one (giving yusuf the benefit of the doubt) but I think it needs to be a constructive and relative to the actual topic it is posted on.

I'm not entirely sure that Yusuf's post does that.

I am irritated when presented with a list of facts some of them innacurrate. I would never reccommend anyone to take herbal 'alternatives for major depression and neither would my consultant psychiatrist Dr J.This is a post about 45mg Mirtazapine. If you are taking 45mg mirtazapine like me it is likely that you are suffering/ have suffered from major depression. EJ.

I agree EJ, Yusuf's post is a bit of rambling with very little or nothing to do with the original post and this fantastic herbal option sounds like a sales pitch to me, espicially with the email/msg me bit. Probably not meant like that though.
    Last edited by Jebdog; 06-10-10 at 19:45. Reason: Re-Word

I think that it is advertising. I have emailed the moderators and they will sort it out. EJ

Quote Originally Posted by cedlong View Post
    Hi there,

I've been taking 30mg of Mirtazapine for about a year. I take it at 11pm and it provides pretty much the only respite from the day's anxiety and dizziness. The doc suggested I increase to 45mg recently because I went to see him about the fact that I am still not feeling good.

However, after 4 days on 45mg I dropped back to 30mg. I felt very tired, headache and anxious/sick.

Has anyone persisted up to 45mg/day? How long did it take for you to feel ok on it, and was it worth it?

Thanks for your help!

Hey ya , i started on zispen 15 and worked my way up to 45mg , i had never taking anything like that before cos im a single parent of 3 young kids , i was always weary of stuff that wud make ya drozy , anyway yes i experienced them symptoms for the first month of taking the 45mg but in hindsight it was the best decision of my life to continue taking them. i now feel motivated in life where i never used to be and to be honest i didnt even no how bad my depression was until i was out the far side of it. i started them simply to help me sleep. i say take them for 6 weeks and if u dont feel the benifit after that then reduce ur dose again. hope i have helped

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information