Thread: xmas lunch :(

xmas lunch :(

hi guys

I posted yesterday regarding how i feel my life is just work and the odd visit to shops etc.

So anyway, today i have decided that am going to try and introduce small things into my diary to try and get past this next hurdle

Problem?? I am in work and we have been invited to a xmas dinner tonight- i am sooooooooo soooooooo anx about going its unbelievable- my heart has been in my mouth all day and my stomach feels like a washing machine

so any tips/hints/help-id be fine if we just had to go and sit somehwere for a few hours but we have to eat -
    xx

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step
    - Lao Tse

Re: xmas lunch :(

Hey..you'll be ok if you start to feel anxious just do some slow breathing..(no one can notice you are doing this) or even just start chatting to some1 to take your mind of feeling anxious..try not to worry about eating out hun.. no one will be watching u eat as every1 will be concentrating on eating there own so just order something small or just take your time hun...go and have some fun!! let me know how u get on!! xx

Hi,

I know just how you feel. I'm going out with my boyfriend tonight and I had the choice of going to the cinema or for something to eat, talk about a rock and a hard place!! I have chosen the cinema as it doesn't involve eating, but I am really anxious right now, even though I will be with someone I trust. I don't like letting him down and I need to push myself as I feel it is the only way I will ever feel better! Feeling sick and tummy hurts (that'll be the ibs), isn't it crap?

Anyway, back to you, I agree with the other reply, the best thing is breathing and distraction, tell yourself the way you're feeling is down to a rush of adrenaline, a completely normal chemical in your body and it cannot hurt you. You are only feeling sensations and they will pass, try not to think too far ahead either, take things 10 minutes at a time and don't give your mind the opportunity to run away with you. I am pretty sure you'll be fine.

Now to take my own advice.......hehe!!

hi guys

well i did it!!

left work 16.30 and a colleague offered to drive (big big step as thats my safety barrier been taken away, my car) arrived at restaurant- ate my dinner- was fine. Had bit of anxiety after main course but new it was coz i was starting to think the food that had just gone down as going to come back up again lol

i am so proud of myself- it was no where near as bad as i thought it was going to be!!!! n this is one of the biggest steps i have taken this year- am not saying i sailed through it and will do lunch tom but i no that this is another step in the road to recovery

thanks again to all of u on here- rocklover- hope you enjoed the film

ps can you believe after dinner we had to come bac kto work and am still here!! although finisgh at 10pm

xx

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step
    - Lao Tse

well done!!! xxx

well done your winning

Well done u

Can't believe u had to go back to work though after. LOL

Thread Information