Thread: Dentist.

Dentist.

Well guys, I have to go to the dentist in like an hour and a half. Which is what I think started this anxiety those six months ago, with having the low potassium afterwards and winding me up in the emergency room twice and that scare that I was going to die. x.x

I am terrified but I know i have to go to get this tooth removed. And my stomach is just so upset. I plan on taking 1 mg of Xanax...maybe it'll get me through it, I hope so. I'm hoping I go and nothing happens afterwards, and maybe I wont have this fear as much anymore. I know it's not going to insta-cure my anxiety, but maybe it'll help. I"m hoping, facing fears is never a fun thing to do, but when you have to, I guess there's no way around it. I hope I can get through it without going nuts...

And I just needed some support, thought maybe writing here would help. x.x I need all the luck I can get.

Re: Dentist.

Well, got my tooth yanked. Still about as scary as I thought it would be. Course, now I'm still numb from the novacaine and stuff. SO..I just need to wait out the next 4-5 days which will be important to me, to make sure I don't have a potassium problem anymore. *crosses fingers*

I'm just lucky to have a dentist whose so understanding and patient. x.x

Thanks

Well done hun

I'm petrified of the dentist too but when i do force myself to go, it's very seldom as bad as i thought it would be!

Hope you feel better soon

Lisa
    xxx

hiya and im so pleased it went ok, i am very scared of dentist too so i know how brave u were to go. hugs to u xxxx

Thanks again for all the well wishes. I've been making sure not to drink soda, as it's a dieretic...Spelled it wrong I'm sure. Drinking water and making sure I eat some foods rich in extra potassium. Just don't like mixing Xanax with Vicoden, but I plan on starting my Anxiety meds, which will be Zoloft, soon as I'm better from this. One thing at a time I guess..

Thanks again guys, I was shaking in my chair, but it went well enough. xD

welldone i dont like going to the dentist

hi and well dn im also scared of dentists your so brave xx

Since I had a really bad attack last night, my husband thought it would be a good idea to come here and write something positive. Moreso for myself than anyone, I guess he figures if I see it in writing, it'll help. Since I had my tooth pulled, Last night would have been the same night I went into the ER room, six months ago, exactly two days after I had my tooth pulled. So of course last night, was a very bad night, I had a severe attack and he seemed to think because I was expecting something to happen, my mind was willing it to happen. Which was sort of true, in a way.

So, I got through last night without going to the Er and I also thought of a question to ask my doctor when I see him Wednesday.

for you and good luck with the doctor. I also hate going to the dentist and have to have gas just to get my teeth cleaned and I too have an understanding dentist. I do hope things continue to go well for you and keep us posted.

Laura xxx

Thread Information