Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Anyone Have Anything Good To Report About Venlafaxine?

Re: Does Anyone Have Anything Good To Report About Venlafaxine?

I was on venlafaxine for about 8 years, it gave me good quality of life and I had no side effects what so ever.
    The only downside for me was the withdrawal effects but may have been because I had been on them for so long.

I've just come off venlafaxine, its killing me! Was on it for 5 weeks, but made me ill so my psych took me off it, and the wthdrawal is hell. yesterday i was so ill, today still bad, its the brain swooshes like electric shocks that are the worst, never experienced anything like them!
    Think my psych took me off venlafaxine too fast as i am really suffering.

I think that like every anti-depressant, its different for everyone, so if u are given venlafaxine, give it a go, but insist they take u off it very slowly if you need to come off it, as the wthdrawal is like nothing i've ever known!

does anyone know how long this hell will last? i was starting onto fluoxetine, but spoke to my doc today and they think it'd be better for me to go back onto sertraline, will this help ease the withdrawal does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by BNCfan View Post
    My doctor wants me to start taking Venflaxine, but everything I've read about it makes its side-effects sound much worse than any I'm already suffering as a result of chronic anxiety and depression. Has anyone found this drug helpful? I'm phobic about any gastric symptoms - which seem to be common with this drug - and my doctor knows that. All SSRIs I've tried made me suicidal, so why should this SNRI be any differrent? I'd be grateful for any positive feedback - don't want to read the horror stories - "Devil's own drug" etc.

Hi My friend this drug has helped me greatly yes the side effects are bad you just need some one to help you through the first few weeks. It will help you in the end.

Isn't this thread like 4 yrs old?...lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information