Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Demac Says Bye to the Chat Room

Re: Demac Says Bye to the Chat Room

I'm actually quite surprised that this thread is still here and can't understand why any members feel the need to thrash out on the forum what goes on in the chat room.

To see a Moderator feel they have to justify their presence in the chat room seems quite beyond me. This is a great forum and to my mind is very well run by the Admins and Moderators.

I see people respond to this thread quite concerned that their actions might have upset others which seems quite sad. Chat rooms will always have the potential to trigger or upset people, which is why many prefer to just use the forum.

Ok

I'm going to reply here because i feel the need to address a couple of issues.

Chat room moderators moderate WHEN they can, Just because there is a moderator showing in the room does NOT mean that they are active.

If you wish a moderator to intervene at any point, then please make them aware of this through PM as i know only too well myself, it is impossible to read through every line of every conversation.

If a moderator is unable to address any issue at that time then feel free to PM another or an admin.

Again, please be aware that Moderators/Admin are also sufferers. We do this job when we are able and to the best of our ability.

Furthermore, as i stated earlier in this thread, if chat room rules were broken then it should be brought to Admin's attention. This has not been done so i assume this has not been the case.

Regards

Lisa

Stace - I didnt say it was you I never mentioned anyone's name. We all have problem's every single person thats on this site is on for the same reason not just me I have said those words many times. I am not having a go at anybody in particulair all I felt was that I explained to those in the chat why I wasn't going to be back due to my illness I didnt want to alarm anybody. I am just sick and tired of people targetting me to talk about things that freaks me out, I made a lot of friends in the chat room it's a good place to go when your feeling down as you can be guaranteed a laugh to lift you up. I hope you feel better soon and all the best - Merry Xmas Stace to you and your family. Dee

Dee xx

I just want to say, i think you all do a fantastic job, and i also think the grief you have all took lately is so unfair. there have been quite a few posts lately with people having ago at the people who run things on here.

I think you all great, and want to thank you alllll for the great job you do !!!!

Lisa,

I wasn't having a go at anyone in particuliar if that had been the case I would have contacted you directly myself. The mods and admins as u said have problems too if they hadn't they wouldnt be using this site. All I wanted to do was explain why I was leaving the chat and to say bye to those I chatted too - I wasn't able to remember all their names and I typed the ones I did.

I thought by doing this - I was going the right way about it - I have been upset but it is not my intention to upset anyone else which is why - Im leaving the situation as it is and not taking it further.

The person involved - I have been in contact with and as far as I am concerned the matter is now closed. The mods and admins have enough to deal with without getting involved in something that I had personal problems with. I wish no ill will on anyone and would rather leave on a positive note than a sour one. To those who think Im attacking them - I apologise for that but I can assure you im not.

Bye - Dee

Quote Originally Posted by bottleblond View Post
    Ok

I'm going to reply here because i feel the need to address a couple of issues.

Chat room moderators moderate WHEN they can, Just because there is a moderator showing in the room does NOT mean that they are active.

If you wish a moderator to intervene at any point, then please make them aware of this through PM as i know only too well myself, it is impossible to read through every line of every conversation.

If a moderator is unable to address any issue at that time then feel free to PM another or an admin.

Again, please be aware that Moderators/Admin are also sufferers. We do this job when we are able and to the best of our ability.

Furthermore, as i stated earlier in this thread, if chat room rules were broken then it should be brought to Admin's attention. This has not been done so i assume this has not been the case.

Regards

Lisa

Dee xx

Awww DeMac, I dont want you to leave!
    I think your a real tough cookie (a real inspiration) and I wish you the very best!
    Hope nothin I said offended you....and if u ever want to PM etc...they you are welcome!
    Good luck with everything and have a nice xmas hun...
    Love Luce x

Thanks Luce

I really appreciate everyones kindness with their posts -I want to get this straight - There's been a few people that's upset me but 2 of those were sorted by the help from the admins and mods which Im very grateful for - they do an excellent job of running the forums and chats and I thank them from the bottom of my heart for all they've done for me.

Same applies to the people I have met in chat most of them so consider and sincere - there the odd exception tho. The person who distressed me I have emailed and got the matter sorted myself without annoying the mods and admins all the time whenever this same problem occurs. I will miss the people Ive spoken too - the chat is a great place for a pick me up - esp when your feeling low.

Take Care Luce and all the best for xmas and the new year

Luv Dee xx

Quote Originally Posted by lucy030188 View Post
    Awww DeMac, I dont want you to leave!
    I think your a real tough cookie (a real inspiration) and I wish you the very best!
    Hope nothin I said offended you....and if u ever want to PM etc...they you are welcome!
    Good luck with everything and have a nice xmas hun...
    Love Luce x

Dee xx

Demac,
    Why dont you just give it another chance in chat, you keep saying how much it can cheer you up, and as you can see you will be sadly missed hun.

Im sure we all have our ups and downs in there just as you have, and i know it can be upsetting, but im sure the nice times, and the help we can offer each other far out way the upsetting times :-)

Come on give it another go, people love your company and will miss you loads.

Ive always found you very uplifting and funny and helpful and everyone else speaks highly of you.

Come on, come back !!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeMac View Post
    Thanks Luce

I really appreciate everyones kindness with their posts -I want to get this straight - There's been a few people that's upset me but 2 of those were sorted by the help from the admins and mods which Im very grateful for - they do an excellent job of running the forums and chats and I thank them from the bottom of my heart for all they've done for me.

Same applies to the people I have met in chat most of them so consider and sincere - there the odd exception tho. The person who distressed me I have emailed and got the matter sorted myself without annoying the mods and admins all the time whenever this same problem occurs. I will miss the people Ive spoken too - the chat is a great place for a pick me up - esp when your feeling low.

Take Care Luce and all the best for xmas and the new year

Luv Dee xx
    Hi Dee,

I seem to be missing the point I guess, in a perfect world everyone would think about what they say. If you go out does everyone discuss subjects that you are happy with?

Seems to me that the problems you have experienced have been dealt with by admins, mods or yourself. You say you have met friends there and for the most part everyone in chat has been considerate and sincere. Surely that is the point of chat?

At the end of the day if there is a conversation going on in chat that makes you uncomfortable there are two options, leave chat or tell everyone there it makes you uncomfortable. The people there are human and not mind readers.
    We are all adults here do we really need to be policed by mods all the time?

If they do not heed your situation you can contact a mod or admin and have the situation addressed, more than you can get in a situation in the real world.

In the real world the same options apply, leave the conversation or tell them; there have been times in chat when others have needed to discuss things that trigger me; I have the same choices, there are times when discussions with friends has verged on sensitive subjects. I remove myself from the conversation. I choose to leave, sharing is not my strongpoint lol.
    I don't negate their need to discuss the subject. It is called freedom of speech.

Can you really expect more from real time chat?

Lynnann

Lynann

Hi - I don't know you and to my knowledge we have never spoken - I have not seen you in chat.

But just to clarify a few points firstly we dont live in a ''perfect world'' And no I don't go out - I am agraphobic therefore the chances of me chatting to someone outside in the street is remote.

Secondly - Yes a few of the problems have been dealt with by the admins and mods - I stated that fact in an earlier post.

I have met friendly people in chat and some not so friendly but its an undisputed fact that not all the people we meet - we will have an instant rapport with - it's how the world works!

If you knew the nature of the problem then perhaps you would be a bit more understanding - as I am not prepared to discuss this publicly there's little else to say really.

Thirdly and lastly - The people involved with this problem I have - were aware that I was uncomfortable with the nature of the topic and when asked could they kindly stop - they didn't -No mind readers were required at anytime..

So I have left the chat to rejoin '' the real world''..

You have used an expression my son often says -and I will reply to you as I do to him

'At the end of the day'' - it gets dark!! - I now feel that I have negated my freedom of speech.

Bye - Dee

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnann View Post
    Hi Dee,

I seem to be missing the point I guess, in a perfect world everyone would think about what they say. If you go out does everyone discuss subjects that you are happy with?

Seems to me that the problems you have experienced have been dealt with by admins, mods or yourself. You say you have met friends there and for the most part everyone in chat has been considerate and sincere. Surely that is the point of chat?

At the end of the day if there is a conversation going on in chat that makes you uncomfortable there are two options, leave chat or tell everyone there it makes you uncomfortable. The people there are human and not mind readers.
    We are all adults here do we really need to be policed by mods all the time?

If they do not heed your situation you can contact a mod or admin and have the situation addressed, more than you can get in a situation in the real world.

In the real world the same options apply, leave the conversation or tell them; there have been times in chat when others have needed to discuss things that trigger me; I have the same choices, there are times when discussions with friends has verged on sensitive subjects. I remove myself from the conversation. I choose to leave, sharing is not my strongpoint lol.
    I don't negate their need to discuss the subject. It is called freedom of speech.

Can you really expect more from real time chat?

Lynnann

Dee xx

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information