Thread: Just read a health article!!

Just read a health article!!

Why oh why oh why....

I was reading the sunday paper and as usual I was drawn towards the problems solved section. In a very quick skim through I read about someone who was suffering with pain that radiates from his jaw to neck and was told to go see a doctor immediately. Whenever I read anything like think my fingers go cold I start to tighten up and chest breath and generally feel lousy.

The article was only 6 lines long and so was hard to avoid. How can something so simple cause such strong anxiety feelings immediately and so long lasting?

I now feel as if I have been standing on the roof of my house looking down with a phobia of heights.

Are these symptoms because of the fear of fear cycle? As soon as my body feels fear it does not let go, or so I think. How do I stop that immediate reaction that starts this cycle.

I think the fact that the anniversary of my fathers Heart attack is coming up (boxing day) may be has some deep routed worries.

Mee

Re: Just read a health article!!

I have a very strong reaction to reading or hearing about horrible things in the news. I try to focus on the positive things (not always easy). If I do read something that scares me I try to rationalize what I have read and then distract myself with something positive.
    Hope this helps.
    Michelle

Thread Information