Thread: Bored, fed up, down...meh!!!

Bored, fed up, down...meh!!!

As most of you know i am a nurse & work full time & fulfill a normal life despite living with health anxiety & depression.

I have been lucky in that i lived away in 2 major cities & did the university thing & have an amazing group of friends who i see loads...we have a great social life.
    Despite this i am not happy with my life at all.

I feel at the moment i have nothing to look forward to in my life & the fact i am the only single one in my group of 15 mates is hard as whilst i am bored & lonely most of the time they are spending time with their boyfriend/husband or having babies.

I am unhappy at the min & really not myself. I have been single for around a year now & frankly had enough....all i want is a nice bloke who will treat me right make me laugh & who has aspiration & ambition to do stuff. Yet i seem to meet the players that wanna use me & see hundreds of other girls at the same time as me.

I no longer know what to do & yes i know people keep saying it will happen when the time is right but it doesn't seem to be, whats wrong with me???

Nic xxx

Re: Bored, fed up, down...meh!!!

hi nic you sound very nice to me we all get fed up and bored iv been self employed for yrs so i know what u mean im sooooo bored with my job but it brings the money in lol have you thought about going back to col to try something elce

There's nothing wrong with you nic, it's easy for the one's who have partners to say it will happen - but honestly it will!

I've got two good friends who are already married and one has just had her first baby. They met their husbands while we were still at school and I was always the single one which made me feel like a leper!!

While they've been happy with the same blokes since school I had some crappy men and one horrible relationship. I've been with my current partner for about 18 months but still feel like i'm playing catch up.

It can happen anytime, not everyone finds "the one" first shot. We can't all marry our childhood sweetheart. Some people don't settle down until later in life.

I'm babbling on i know, just give yourself a break. Enjoy your social life. Your perfect man is out there somewhere he just hasn't found you yet!!

Nickie

There is nothing wrong with you mate. Nothing at all.

I think at this time of year, We tend to feel particualrly lonely if we don't have a SOMEONE to share Christmas with.

Think about though hun, With Christmas and New year looming, i bet a lass like you has loads of parties etc to attend!? You're a fab looking gal, great personality with a brilliant career. Just play it cool hun and i bet Mr right work be in the far distance!

Loads of love
    Lisa
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by nickieb View Post
    As most of you know i am a nurse & work full time & fulfill a normal life despite living with health anxiety & depression.

I have been lucky in that i lived away in 2 major cities & did the university thing & have an amazing group of friends who i see loads...we have a great social life.
    Despite this i am not happy with my life at all.

I feel at the moment i have nothing to look forward to in my life & the fact i am the only single one in my group of 15 mates is hard as whilst i am bored & lonely most of the time they are spending time with their boyfriend/husband or having babies.

I am unhappy at the min & really not myself. I have been single for around a year now & frankly had enough....all i want is a nice bloke who will treat me right make me laugh & who has aspiration & ambition to do stuff. Yet i seem to meet the players that wanna use me & see hundreds of other girls at the same time as me.

I no longer know what to do & yes i know people keep saying it will happen when the time is right but it doesn't seem to be, whats wrong with me???

Nic xxx

Nic,

There is nothing wrong with you,..you're just feeling low right now.

When we're feeling down, our minds play havoc,...it can be a nightmare !

I'm sorry you're feeling lonely right now. Although I don't live alone, I have a partner and two kiddies, my partner does work very long hours (of course no fault of his own), but I too can feel lonely. I guess it can be very different for me though because I have the kids and they usually invite most of the street in,..their mates, my place is like the local Youth Club and so I hardly have any time to get bored, though I could do with more adult conversation .

How about meeting up with Melvin ? No point two people feeling the same way lol.

When you say; You no longer know what to do ? Well,.. you're not doing anything wrong, you work full time/long hours I guess, it's not easy, especially when you're feeling unwell.

Take your time Nic, there really is no rush, take each day as it comes, things hardly work out when we're feeling impatient,..and I'm sorry to say but.... there will be a time, usually when you least expect it.

Take good care x

Hun ...i know we speak all the tym anyway ..but wanted 2 add my say .
    There is def nothing wrong with you at all......the HA and depression will make u feel like its you hun but its not ......I soooo know what its like bein single hun and it does get you down and is very lonely sometimes ...that old you is still there hun you just have 2 find it again cus its bein blocked by Ha etc....

Look lets set a date up and we go out ok next couple of weeks ..I know it wont get rid of the way u r feeling but we can go and have a gud laff hun x

U know where I am if u ever need me sweet xxxxxxxxx

I am always looking outside myself for strength and confidence ,but it comes from within .It's there all the time x

Thread Information