Thread: Having a relapse nightmare

Having a relapse nightmare

Hi there I have not posted for a while I suffer from gad and ocd and am having a bad relapse at the moment, I persume Im not the only one who cannot sleep properly when they get these bouts. And this lack of sleep is driving me up the wall. The other major prob Im having at the moment is constant fighting with my partner when I tell her that i cannot sleep she just tells me it because im not doing anything during the day and stay up too late at night. I try to explain to her that I stay up late becasue I cannot sleep and that when you have chronic gad It physically and mentaly drains you so theoretically you should be tired but as we know this is part of the cycle even when so exhausted sleep wont come naturally. My girlfriend cant seem to grasp this does anyones have any ideas for how I can stop this warring between us as we have 3 kids and its tearing us apart,
    thnaks Owain

Re: Having a relapse nightmare

Print out some of the information pages on this site and show them to her, just so that she has some idea of the symptoms you get, it may be easier for her to cope with if she has a little background knowledge.

However, she is sort of right in one respect, you do need to keep busy during the day, I'm not saying it will make you sleep, but we all know that distraction is one of the best ways to reduce anxiety. Reducing the anxiety should in turn, have the effect of helping you return to a normal sleeping pattern.

Also, have you tried any of the herbal remedies that aid natural sleep?

Thread Information