Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Fear of the Weather!

A Fear of the Weather!

Hi Everyone, I have a fear of the weather! i was wondering how common this is, does anyone hear have this fear? Mine concerns all types like heat-waves, heavy rain, wind, flooding, im having a bad time of it just lately because there alot of programs on ITV with the headline 'Could the weather be the UK's worst nightmare!' now, am i the only one who getting terrified about all this, or is it the ITV's job to over exaggerate the situation and cause me more anxiety!

Take Care Dee.

Hi Deeko,
    I think you hit the nail on the head, yes it is the t.v's job to grab a headline and try to scare us to death! shows what a good job they do, there really is nothing we can do to change the weather, but we can change our feelings towards it, when it's nice weather, if you can, enjoy, when things get stormy, settle down, make sure everything ok and read a book, it will pass eventually. If this type of programme upsets you, switch off, put some soothing music on/read/take a bath, there are many types of these programmes, worst neighbours, worst families,they show the very few and far between, it probably won't happen, try not to worry too much, easier said than done. take care and please keep in touch.

Hi, Ho NO! thunderstorm has just arrived in Nottingham! my anxiety is getting higher and its only just stared! ive just taken a Diazepam and will take a sleeping tab later. God the Biggest lighting and thundr has just hit very near, are god this is bad, gunna take sleepng tab now.im s**ting my self

Take Care Dee.

I love storms - it's this muggyness I hate..[No]

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Dee

I used to be scared of thunderstorms but I think it was just heightened anxiety as I now sleep through them.

I think I was over-sensitive to everything and so they used to terrify me. It went in time and now I don't mind them atall.

Hope you are ok.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

ar Man the rain is very heavy thunder is blastingly loud bolts of lighting must be hitting places very near, the road is begining to flood, everthing is so loud even the rain, im really scard now

Take Care Dee.

Dee, I'm in the same storm as you and we've been up on the top floor watching it rumble around . Its beautiful.

Its sheet lightening so not coming down to earth at all- staying high horizontally across the sky.

No worries apart from flash floods. Mind you if it floods just where I live we're in a Noah situation.

I have unplugged all non essential electrical stuff though.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi Dee,

Hope you coped through the storm hun. It can get scary huh.

NO PANIC do a CD on storms etc called Weather Sound Effects to try and help you overcome your phobia.

Here is the link for you http://www.nopanic.org.uk/menu.htm if you just click on catalogues and then scroll down you will see it in there.

Hope this helps you.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Diazepan is kicking thank god, i thought my 3 year old had fell asleep on the sofa, when i checked him is wasnt asleep he had is head down and was shaking, i picked him up and he was terrified crying because of the noise of the thunder, poo little mite was more scard than me, his das as calmed him down and weev put the telly on cartoons really lound, by the way we have cable tv so its not connected to an aerial.
    Thanx for all ur support through this, its hailing now.

Take Care Dee.

Hi, Guyz, Just like to say thanx for last night, just spluttering out what was happening last night helped, and knowing someone was listeng to me was very helpfull. But that was the worst thunderstorm ive ever seen/heard, I did used like them, but i knew las nights was gunna be a big one.
    Anyway thanx again. Dee.

Take Care Dee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information