Thread: Help! Coming off Citralopram i think?

Help! Coming off Citralopram i think?

I really need some advice. I've been on citralopram for 6 weeks due to uncontrollable head movements (thought to be anxiety related.) Since being on citralopram the head movements seem a million times worse. My doctor said I could come off them but advised I would feel rough for 4 to 5 weeks. I feel pretty awful anyway so am thinking of not taking it tonight. I'm on 20mg a day. I just don't want to be a mess over Christmas, having 2 little girls and visiting both sets of families over the next 2 weeks. I don't know what to do for the best.

Re: Help! Coming off Citralopram i think?

That type of med, hon, I hate to say, you need to work with your doctor to come off of them slowly. Maybe you can ask him to reduce to 10 mgs soon? maybe if you half the dose for awhile, it won't be so bad. But of course, you would need to discuss that with your doctor. As they do know best.

*hugs* I wish you luck and Happy Holidays.

It does take you time to get used to Citalpram. I have been on Citalprm for 2 years now. I started on 20mg at first, and I am now on 60mg a day. I suffer from depression. Before Citlapram started to work for me, the dose measure had to be increase to 40mg a day. I am now on 60mg a day now. Since the increase from 40mg to 60mg a day it has taking over 5 weeks before I feel the benefits of the increase dose. I am not saying you will have to take more Citlapram like me before it works. It was about a year before I felt the benifits of Citlapram really working for me. Before I went on to Citalpram I was on Fluxoetine for two years.

I hope everything works out for you. I do know what you are going through.

Best wishes
    Keith113

Thanks Magik and Keith for your replies. I meant to say that days ago but have been away for the hols. I took your advice and decided to keep taking the citralopram. I've got an appt with a neurologist in a couple of weeks so thought I'd be best waiting til then. My head is still doing weird things, I can't even use a knife and fork now as I have to hold my head with one hand to keep it from moving. However I still managed to get through Christmas ok and had a 'good' couple of weeks. Its amazing how everyone on this site finds ways of coping and getting on with everyday life whilst having a completely different 'internal' life.

Anyway I hope you both found some peace of mind and happiness over the past few weeks. Thanks again for taking the time to help me. Happy New Year!

Thread Information