Hii guys, well basically i've signed up to NMP because iv'e been suffering with anxiety/worry since about february. I'm only 16 and still in secondary school but i've experienced full panic attacks and a range of symptoms over the past 11 months which have just become part of my daily lifestyle. However, it has changed the person who I used to be.
My main worry at the moment is having a heart attack. This has probably come on because I watched videos on YouTube of footballers collapsing on the pitch and read about sudden death in the young ect. That being said I am fit, don't smoke, used to do a lot of sports and there is no medical history of heart problems in my family. When I had my first panic attack, I thought it was a heart attack and struggled to sleep that night. In the morning, I made the worst mistake to date and googled 'palpitations' ect. of course I've realised now that articles brought up by google aren't the most reliable. My worries became worse as I read up on complex things to do with your heart and I guess it's all stemmed from there really. I have been to hospital on an overnight ECG and several other tests and the doctors didn't find anything abnormal. I should of been reassured by this but I'm still struggling to just accept it.
I am currently seeing councillors and the doctor has referred me to a cardiologist for an echocardiogram (which is tomorow) as he feels it will convince me that nothing is wrong. This test was optional so i'm not feeling as nervous as I would about it. I tend to feel more anxious towards the night because I can feel my pulse literally everywhere and have trouble sleeping but i'm looking forward to Christmas and New Year so that's giving me something to drive forward on. That's it so far, I'll keep you updated.