Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Unexpected

Unexpected

I have got an unexpected event.
    I have a funeral on Thursday of a close relative who has died suddenly. I know I have to go and I Know whatever happens I will not be able to leave the church early as before.
    Really I am posting to get all your positive vibes and hints to help me through it, I have the usual things, blue tc, elastic bands etc. i just hope I can stay in the church.
    take care all, love Alexis,x

Alexis,
    Firstly I am so sorry to hear of your bereavement. I know how difficult funerals can be but you will get through it. I try and tell myself how bad other people are feeling with their grief etc and it helps me know I'm not the only one feeing awful, even if it's a different kind of awful. You'll be suprised what you can achieve if you have to. I'll be thinking of you on Thursday. Take care,
    LJ

Hi Alexis

Sorry to hear about the bad news..
    I hope you will be able to cope in the church..

All the best.
    Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

Sorry to hear about the bad news Alexis.

Will be thinking of you on Thursday.

This is a hard one to help with but I think you have all the angles covered with the elastic band etc. Thats what I would do

Take care

MANDIE XX

Hi alexis,

dont wear a watch, and keep telling yr self how well yr doing and you only have a few minutes left, thing is you will have to be there for your mum so that in itself may take your mind off how you feel, i cant even say txt me through the service like we did at the christening,

If you do have to come outside im sure no one will mind, just take long slow breaths and ignore the little demon on yr shoulder you will be fine, im sure of it, anyway speak to you later xxxx

kairen x

Hi Alexis,

I had to go to funeral in February when I was absolute rock bottom - at a time when I could hardly get further than the corner shop but I did it.

I was advised by my occupational therapist to keep to a busy and strict schedule of distraction leading up to it, and it worked for me - try it and hope that it does it for you too.

I got myself together - and seemed OK on the surface. I stayed in one piece for most of the wake in the pub too. It was only my cousin's remark about health that sparked my jitters off, and even then I held those in so no-one except my brother noticed.

Your aunt wants you to be on top form tomorrow and so do I.

You can do it - be strong

Will be thinking of ya

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

....and I meant to add - do you have a small stock of diazapam for emergencies?

If so, take one tonight so you can have reasonable sleep - obviously you can't drive soon after taking one!

Take Care,

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

So sorry to hear the bad news Alexis. Putting the funeral in the back of your mind could be the wrong way to go about it. Try to think of yourself sitting in the church and feeling fine. This has worked for me before when I have been nervous about going somewhere..

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Sorry to hear of your sudden loss Alexis..

Sit wherever feels best for you and know that if you really did need to leave you can.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

I'm So sorry Alexis,

My thoughts are with you and I do hope you manage to get through it.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information