Thread: Miserable!!!

Miserable!!!

Please help, I wanted to stop posting on here, especially as I thought I was getting better. I’ve hardly slept in the last 2 nights, cause when I put my head down I am so dizzy and lightheaded and headachy. Feel so weird today, thought I was gonna throw up on the train, and head is in a right mess, all full and achy and dizzy, and legs and insides all shaky. Waste of time going to the docs again, went last week about my full ears and headaches and was told I’ve got to give the Citalopram more time. I have been on them 6 weeks now, but told it can take up to 6 months to settle in, is that true?? Can’t cope anymore, feel like I’m gonna pass out, feel horrible, had enough, how much longer can this go on for?? Why oh why is it worse now. I felt great about Christmas as I had got all my shopping and even wrapping done in Nov, all done now, but now I’m dreading it cause I’m gonna be ill, just need someone to talk to………..

P.S Had a big panic attack on Saturday, which lasted a few hours, after not having one for a couple of months

Re: Miserable!!!

Hello MVP,

I am sorry you are feeling lousy, When I first started taken Lexapro an antidepreseent, I had awful side affects from the med. I was dizzy all the time. That is when I first started having DP/DR it scared me to death. My doctor, like yours told me it would take several weeks for my body to get adjusted and it sure did. I had him lower the dose and that did help some. I am very sensitive to meds, and it took alot for me to even try it, but after about 2 months I started to get my life back. I have since been off of it now for about 8 months and my anxiety is creeping up again, but dont no if I can go through that again. I do feel for you, the only advice I can give you is, and I no how hard this is but, you have to ignor the symptoms, the attention you give to them the longer it will last. Just no that it is a symptom of the med and it will pass. Make a dissicion and tell yourself you are not going to let this controll your life, tell yourself you are fine and you are not going to let this ruin your christmas!! I wish you and your famil a very Merry Christmas!!

D

Re: Miserable!!!

Thanks for that D, and Merry Christmas to you too. I am just getting so scared at the moment. I am at work and my symptoms are getting worse and I am starting to feel manic and feel like I am about to start screaming to let go of some of the anguish, head gonna explode. I really think I am about to have nervous breakdown or worse

Thread Information