Thread: Low from the flu

Low from the flu

i'm usually quite a positive person especially since been suicidally depressed and ill and recovered. i have had a flu like illness with a hight temperature and aching limbs. Now I'm left with a hacking cough which keeps me and everyone else awake at night. I resorted to sleeping pills so at least I get some sleep now but alas I cough in my sleep. I have had to cancel various singing concerts that I would have been in. I can't sing which is a disaster for me. I can whistle and hum but the singing is out. that and feeling completely lacking in energy and strength. I am trying to remain positive as this wont last forever and I have climbed greater mountains. When I was palnning for Christmas I didn't plan for illness and depression. I also have headaches and feel as if I canot breathe when I have a coughing fit. thnaks for letting me rant and thankyou all for your continuing support. Jane

Re: Low from the flu

Elizabeh

Not being able to sing is a biggie for you so that's making you feel low. The cough sounds awful that would make anyone feel terrible. Get the family to help out as much as poss. No it won't last forever.

Sorry that you have been unwell.

You might feel loads better tomorrow, I hope so, otherwise you will have to sing 'in your head' until you can belt some songs out for real. Not the same I know.

I hope you still manage to enjoy Christmas.

All the best Freaky

Thankyou for your replies and support. I am feeling much better but still coughing loads (phlem) sorry tmi !!! I dont want to resort to antibiotics but I will have to return to work on Monday. Happy New Year everybody.

Sorry to hear you are not well ElizabethJane, the flu can really drag you down. Stay positive because you will get better.

I wish you well.

Carol x

Sorry you are not feeling well Elizabeth Jane. My friend and her family have all had this flu type virus. I've had the cough myself but not been too bad with any other symptoms.

I hope you soon feel better and can sing again

Karen xx

Thread Information