Thread: A survey and research: link between OCD,SA,GAD and physical problems or genetic

Lightbulb A survey and research: link between OCD,SA,GAD and physical problems or genetic

Hi to everyone, I have been suffering from social phobia since I was 14 and some automatic thoughts which are probably related to OCD since I was 19. Beside my SA, I started to suffer from neck tension/tighten in public at the age of 19. Then, after a severe and long lasting (3 weeks) upper respiratory tract infection, neck tension worsened and I also started to suffer from excessive swallowing at the age of 21. I was also told that I had a chronic sinusitis and deviated septum while i had that upper respiratory tract infection for 3 weeks. Finally, I started to suffer from excessive salivation at the middle age of 24. I will be 26 in this summer and I have still been suffering from neck tensions/tighten, excessive swallowing and salivation. I usually suffer from only one of them at the one time but its type and degree changes time to time. For instance I may have a mild neck tension in the morning then it may be gone and I may have a severe excessive salivation in the evening. I have been mostly suffering from excessive salivation, secondly neck tensions/tighten then excessive swallowing lately.

That was the short background of me, I ve read lots of things about SA,OCD and those 3 obsessive thoughts so far. Now, what I really want to do is doing a survey and try to see if there are some any other things which related to OCD or SA. For example according to some of the researches there may be a link between physical problems and OCD or tics. For example link between pharyngitis, throat infections and OCD, tics. Or most of us may have some similarities apart from OCD or SA. By doing this survey, we may explore some new things related to our problems even help to find new methods or ideas for treatment.

Here is the survey and my answers at the below, just beneath of it there is the survey itself without the answers so you can copy paste and fill in. If you are interested, please answer all the questions on the survey honestly. Thanks in advance, good luck and best wishes to everyone.

Nickname: abc_03
    Illness title: SA, OCD
    Medicines: 20mg Paroxetine per day
    Current main symptoms which you mostly suffer from: Excessive saliva, neck tensions/tighten, excessive swallowing, concentration problem, forgetfulness.
    Other current symptoms, illness or problems no matter related or not to your mental disease: Chapped lips, excessive sex thoughts and libido, sinusitis and blocked nose, deviated septum, excessive yawning, easily getting startled, click voice from jaw disks, sometimes unbalanced walking, 3 teeth decay, big adams apple.
    Old symptoms, illness or problems you had before no matter related or not to your mental disease with times: I was very naughty and active child in childhood, easily affected by movies or people and imitated/copied those characters in childhood, had measles at the age of 11, slowly started to be quiet, introvert and get nervous around people about at the age of 13-14, suffered from under feet pains and diagnosed as mild fallen arches about at the age of 15, I have sprained my ankles mostly in sport lots of time in my life, I have had lots of upper respiratory tract infections and pharyngitis in my life so far and diagnosed as chronic sinusitis and deviated septum at the age of 21.
    Sufferers in 1st degree relatives with times and illness title detail: Mum has been suffering from schizophrenia, OCD and mild SA for about 25-30 years. One of my sister has been mentally insane since she was 14. Mum is 62 and sister is 42 years old now. Hopefully their conditions are not too bad but still they are sufferer. Btw, I have 5 siblings, 2 brothers and 3 sisters.
    Medicine history: Only 50 mg Lustral/Sertralin per day from 2005 to 10/2008 then changed to 20mg Paroxetine per day only since 10/2008 so far.

Nickname:
    Illness title:
    Medicines:
    Current main symptoms which you mostly suffer from:
    Other current symptoms, illness or problems no matter related or not to your mental disease:
    Old symptoms, illness or problems you had before no matter related or not to your mental disease with times:
    Sufferers in 1st degree relatives with times and illness title detail:
    Medicine history:

Thank you, good luck and best wishes to everyone.

Re: A survey and research: link between OCD,SA,GAD and physical problems or genetic

Survey without nickname information, in case some people dont like giving their nickname out.

Medicines:
    Current main symptoms which you mostly suffer from:
    Other current symptoms, illness or problems no matter related or not to your mental disease:
    Old symptoms, illness or problems you had before no matter related or not to your mental disease with times:
    Sufferers in 1st degree relatives with times and illness title detail:
    Medicine history:

This survey may help to find our similarities and some links between our physical and mental problems. Beside that, filled surveys may be examined by psychologists. If you are willing to help yourself or other SA, OCD or GAD sufferers you can consider to fill the survey.

Thank you, best wishes.

Thread Information