Thread: Tense machines!!!!

Tense machines!!!!

I have had chest pain, shoulder pain and a really bad pain in my left arm since Christmas Eve I know it's the anxiety but the pain is very real. My mother inlaw got me a Tense Machine today? I was terrified when I saw it, she swears by them but the first thing that came into my head was HEART ATTACK. can anyone tell me if it's safe to use when you suffer from anixiety.

Re: Tense machines!!!!

Do you mean a Tens machine? if so please don't worry about using it. Physiotherapists use them sometimes to relieve pain. It will just send a small current/impulse to the affected area to contract and release the muscles and relieve the pain. It doesnt make your pain worse when in use either, its more of just a sensation in my experience. Why did you say it made you think of heart attacks? because of the pads that are attached to your body? rest assured that its the best way to transmit the 'impulses' to your muscles and nerves.

I'm sure you will feel the benefits of the Tens so go for it!

Re: Tens machines!!!!

Thanks I will give it a try tomorrow.

Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kath13 View Post
    I have had chest pain, shoulder pain and a really bad pain in my left arm since Christmas Eve I know it's the anxiety but the pain is very real. My mother inlaw got me a Tense Machine today? I was terrified when I saw it, she swears by them but the first thing that came into my head was HEART ATTACK. can anyone tell me if it's safe to use when you suffer from anixiety.
    Hi Kath 13,

I have used a Tens machine for my arthritis which I suffer with in my spine and other joints, which the local hospital provided free of charge. I do find it helps sometimes but the only draw back is going to the loo and the wires can be a nuiscance, but if it helps the pain you can put up with that I'm sure. Give it a go they are quite safe and I believe they use them now on new mums in labour, so they must be very safe.
    regards Kath 138

Hi

I think the tens machine is safe, my mother inlaw had one and she thought it was great for pain.

Carol

Hi Kath

Like people have said Tens machines are very safe. One of my friends uses it on her back and swears by it.
    to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice and support.

chat is fun too

Thanks!
    I amazed how much better it feels being able to ask questions without feeling stupid.

Thread Information