Thread: Shy Bladder

Shy Bladder

I have suffered from a shy bladder since being at primary school. I thought the problem would go away when I got older, but it hasn't. I am 47 years old now. At times I really get depress about it. It has spoiled my life. I can only pass water when no one is near me, even when I go into the toilet cubicles it takes me so long to pass water. Then when that happens, I really panic. Over the years I have never went out with people for any length of time because not being able to go to the toilet in public. I have mention this to my doctor a few years ago. She does understand my problem. I wish there were a tablet I could take to cure me.

I wonder if anyone has the same problem with a shy bladder as I have.

Thank you for listening to me.

Re: Shy Bladder

Hi there and welcome along to NMP

I used to suffer from a weak bladder and can empathise with that feeling of not being able to go to the loo in public places. I used to be paranoid about people hearing me. Nowadays I'm less bothered by it. But I am sure you will find this a very common thing.

Pooh x
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

Thank you, Pooh and Tetley for replying. That means a lot to me

Best wishes,
    Keith

Trust me, you're not the only one with this problem. I've had it since I was 11 and I gather it is actually quite common, it's just that no one talks about it, for obvious reasons!

For a while I lived in terror of using urinals but at a certain point I just decided I was always going to use cubicles and to hell with what people thought. These days it's very much the least of my hang-ups
    And fill it with devils and dust.
    - Bruce Springsteen

Hi Keith

I also have problems with public toilets and will not use them, so you are not alone.
    to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice and support.

chat is fun too

hi, i was just surfing the net and stumbled across a web site to do with people suffering from shy bladder. www.paruresis.org i haven't checked it out myself so i can't help you as regards of the content. best of luck

Thread Information