Thread: anyone else miss the peaceful feeling

anyone else miss the peaceful feeling

ok so even on my better days i still feel like this is the one thing that is still missing.. i have had extreme anxiety since the birth of my baby 15 months ago. i have been up and down since that time. i will go for a few days and think i am on my way back to being "normal" then have a couple bad days which terrify me. one of the things i miss the most is just that peaceful, cozy relaxed feeling. do you guys know what i am talking about and for those of you that are better does that come back?

Re: anyone else miss the peaceful feeling

Bluewoman, I certainly do know. I also miss that peaceful feeling. I know what it feels like to be terrified. I also know that it is temporary.

I've suffered from anxiety and depression for a long time; but at this time my very strong anxiety attacks are from a new, very real, life challenge that has me struggling to learn who I am becomming. This challenge requires that I focus and act with clarity. The anxiety is understandable; but its intensity can frequently take energy away from the clarity and understanding needed to act upon the challenges. For this reason, I struggle to reduce the intensity.

But I am old enough (I am 59) to know that all things are temporary. This intense time will eventually pass, as it has before; I will work through the challenge. I will be a changed and different person. My goal is to become stronger as a result of the struggle.

Peaceful, cozy relaxed feelings will return; but life's challenges are also always with us. We struggle to become strong enough to grow as a result. I hope I have been some help. And I hope that you feel better soon.
    and wisdom to know the difference.

Yes I know what you mean, especially around this time of year. I used to get that kind of feeling drinking a warm drinking, watching telly with a blanket or having a bubble bath. I enjoy these things but miss that feeling. I think fear and anxiety can mask all other feelings.

Yeah I definately do know what you mean, that feeling of inner security and tranquility, when you feel nothing can hurt you, I miss that too, but I have moments where it returns, wish it would stay, Stephen x

I can really identify with what you mean, I miss the "isn't life lovely" feeling you get when you're totally relaxed. I haven't been totally relaxed since about July now. I just want to have one day where I feel that all is right with the world and I am not scared by everything!

Thread Information