Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Visualisation Technique?

Visualisation Technique?

I know that alot of people are very successful with using visualisation techniques.

However, I have great trouble "imagining" things.

One of my relaxation tapes gets you to "walk slowly" down some steps into a sunken garden.

He counts too slowly, and I'm always at the bottom before he gets to four! Also, my mind wonders, and because he has said sunken garden, I straight away think of the Blue Peter sunken garden and start looking round for Simon Groom and Goldie.

People have said, when you are anxious, just imagine you are on a warm sunny beach etc, but I can't do that either.

It's is really frustrating. I know this tape helps, I put it on as I'm going to bed, and always wake up calm in the morning (it has some subliminal messages embedded in it too), but I would really like to do it "properly".

My therapist has given me a really good self help book for irritable bowel syndrome, and there are some visualisation things in this that I can't do either.

How does everybody else "ground" themselves, and keep focused on the job in hand? It's really beginning to drive me mad (nay madder), because I really want to experience the true benefit of these suggestions and can't. Is it just me being useless, or is this quite common?

Charlie

ooooh Charlie,

You're just who I need today.

My relaxation expert friend who's working with me on my project has just today been in the recording studio doing a CD for just this issue !!!

Can I send you one to try out ??

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Oh and BTW , he doesn't count too slowly, you think too fast.
    It's all about slowing down your thoughts.

When panic all started I went to this lady who said ' close your eyes and think of yellow'
    Eventually after several years it seemed ,she said - open - what did you see ?

Yellow dress, yellow sand, yellow sun, yellow paint, yellow flowers, yellow , yellow etceetc, She roared with laughter and said that she just said 'Yellow ' and that was part of my problem - too quick at computing.

A long time later and many, many yoga sessions and meditations later I can just about do it Okish.

It's very common - more anxiety bonding.

Ruth came across something very different recently that she's been trying out on classes and the slow people hate it but the whizzy ones love it !!!

It teaches your mind to relax and our theory is that when you have mastered this one we can move on to a half and half etc

And finally..... you are never useless at something- just come from a different persepctive, inexperienced or disinterested .

Now that was a negative comment and cannot find you an get out clause for it!

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

thanks charlie,

you always manage to make me laugh!

ive never done well,with those tapes,but as you know,i have one of falling rain,and i dont have to visualise at all,just close my eyes,and listen to the rain...its wonderful,and soo relaxing..ZZzzzz.

thanks for making me laugh...bryan.

Charlie I have to walk down the steps in to a garden or 'special place' too. The problem I have is that my place always seem a bit scary, I cant get the image out of my head of a beach surrounded by tall cliffs - very claustrophobic and not at all calming. What can I do about this?

Emily

quote:Originally posted by Lottie32

ne of my relaxation tapes gets you to "walk slowly" down some steps into a sunken garden.
    Charlie

Is this the "Deep Sleep" tape from hypnosisaudio.com?

Nicola

I have tried to do some visualisation too but I always seem to think of lots of different things, my mind seems to be restless..plus I cant think of a particular place etc that I feel calm and relaxed in. I always think of something then feel uneasy about that place for some reason?

Whats that all about???

sadie

quote:Originally posted by Radar

My relaxation expert friend who's working with me on my project has just today been in the recording studio doing a CD for just this issue !!!

Can I send you one to try out ??
    Don't forget me Meg

Nicola

thats what I mean Sadie, the places are always eerie to me.

Emily

Twister

What is with us two..we both have weird dreams and cant do any visualisation without feeling scared...

Do you think there could be a link there somewhere[?]

sadie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information