Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Visualisation Technique?

have you thought of just using relaxing sounds,for instance the sea ,breaking into surf,seagulls,dolphins,horses playing in a field,or as in my case ,the sound of rainfall...its still visualising of sorts,but you listen to sounds,that you really like....bryan.

The thing is Bryan, I hear things in noises that disturb me more.

I am ok with the sea, but it unfortunately makes me want to wee alot.

Seagulls are horrible screeching things

Dolphins - NO NO NO! If I listen to dolphins it reminds me of Orka The Killer Whale film, where the nasty fishing trawler hooks up Orka from the sea, and slits her open to gut her and the baby whale falls out. I had to ask her to stop playing the dolphin tape when I went to yoga. And explain why! It was great - there was loads of space around me every class after that!

My horse is quite heavy footed, and when he plays in the field it sounds like a herd of elephants. I would need to find somebody with a fleet of foot pony for that!

I can actually relax to the relaxation tape, in that I find his voice and the subtle background music quite relaxing, it's just that I keep myself awake trying to visualise the images.

I might go and try and find some gentle piano music though - that could be quite soothing.

Quite like the rainfall idea though - although I'm a bit worried it will have the same effect as the sea tape! I shall look for a rain one next time I'm out

Thanks for the suggestions though Bryan - sometimes you just can't please people!!!!!

Love

Charlie

charlie,

i do understand wot you mean!

i went for hypnotherapy,shortly after the paddington train crash,four years ago.

unfortunately,he had a dreadful cold,and kept sniffling..he also kept stopping,to slurp his lemsip..so i was just concentrating on this.

he gave me a tape to listen to in bed,but after 5mins,i got out of bed ,and binned it..luckily the nhs paid for it,otherwise,i would have demanded my money back...best wishes..bryan.

Charlie,

'but seem to find it physically difficult to breathe out properly.'

It always seemed easier to me if I breathed in well through my nose but blew out gently through my mouth - Any difference ?

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Yes

Oh you are a star!

How simple was that, and how stupid do I feel now!

Why can I breathe out forever through my mouth but only seconds through my nose?

Who cares, it works. Now all I've got to do is practice the art of breathing out slowly through my mouth, without it gaping open and making me look like some sort of country bumpkin

Thanks

Charlie

Dear Charlie,

You shouldn't feel stupid now at all, but pleased that you've learnt something new that you can add to your repetoire !! Blow gently and slowly - perhaps try a kissing posture - should lead to all sorts of options.

I think it's to do with the architecture inside us - my theory and I'm sticking to it !!

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information