Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The five times table

Re: The five times table

xxx

Claire weeks is an old biddy who speaks the bleeding obvious if it's that simple we wouldn't be suffering

Sorry her and that linden t**t are just exploiting the gullible IMO

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

So.... how do you learn not to have a panic attack... ?

Phil, i'm not out for an argument, but why do you always feel the need to talk to us like this? there's really no need to do the swearing bit...I kind of got the point without the bad language ok? So you dont like claire weekes or the lindon method, ok fine but please stop being so confrontational about people's replies. Its not nice.

Personally the only thing that has ever helped me is to take little steps forward and get comfortable and then go farther!
    Great post!
    I do understand what Phil is saying. It isn't easy and can't be really frustrating but the truth is that repetition is the key to retraining your thoughts. Yes you feel like crap when you start out but eventually it does get better and gives you the self confidence to go farther!
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    Lao-Tze

I agree that our anxious and depressive behaviours and thoughts can be learned and, in some cases, can be unlearned. Or rather, we can learn new thoughts and behaviours to take their place. Claire Weekes doesn't do it for me but I know that others have found her hugely helpful, which is great.

Everyone reacts differently to their anxiety and/or depression. Phil H obviously feels very angry. This is not uncommon. My own dad is the same. Lashing out and/or belittling others probably doesn't particularly help anyone, least of all the lasher, but, hey, we all deal with it in different ways. Here on the boards we have room for expression.

I have never read claire weekes but from what I hear she speaks common sense and I think thats what I was trying to do in this post. I also agree different methods work for different people but I still believe the key is finding what works for you and keep doing it.

Lets take an example

Mr A cant get out the house, so Mr A starts by just opening the door until he is ok with that, then he takes a step outside the door and then moves forward...This may take many weeks or months but thats not the point the point is repeating and over time our minds will accept this change.

As for phil H this post is not about him but I feel what pooh said in a reply to his thread is good advice.

again i apologise if i am being a trifle confrontational,its just me expressing my anger.

We pay out good money to read what these so called experts have to say,but it all comes down to the same thing no matter how much they add to it to seem to make good sense...and thats you have to get up off your butt and face your fears and to hell with what others think of you and how you feel..you are brave you can do this,fear is stupid,infact your stupid for being a little scardy cat...infact did this weekes woman go to the same school as my mum/dad/brother/sister infact every non anxiety suffering person?

You feeling me here?

Thats £35.00 please.

Oh poor you Phil, that you have so much anger inside you. May I make the suggestion of going to some anger mangement sessions because they should be able to help you. They'll also come to your house if you can't get out.

Claire Weekes was an anxiety/panic sufferer too by the way. She's wasn't for everyone, but she did know how it felt to live with it.
    Last edited by Cathy V; 31-12-08 at 18:51.

cathy only self anger no anger towards any of you.

...she had my condition too?..What like that Charles Linden aswell?

...i need to be writing a book..lol....some are born this way you can not change who you are only cope.....look at that linden..doing lectures flying around the world...having the time of his life..its like he was never one of us..lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information