Thread: Depression, anxiety caused by husband!

Depression, anxiety caused by husband!

Hi

Female, in her early 30s. Went through a huge breakdown a few years ago but managed to pick myself up via relaxation, st johns wart, counselling-anything BUT anti-depressants. I have started to slip again but this time have accepted the anti-depressants as i cannot afford to take years to recover. Problems are caused by an abusive husband and lack of support to get out of the situation. I have now sorted myself out financially and will be taking the steps to move on away from him. I plan to keep on the pills until i have safely made the move away from him..........

Re: Depression, anxiety caused by husband!

Hi Tamsam,

Sorry to hear that you are in an abusive relationship, but pleased to hear that you are taking positive steps to get yourself away safely

to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice and support.

chat is fun too

Hi Tamsam

I was in the same situation as you and ended up going to a refuge with my 3 children. It's not easy and you do need support try googling Refuge as they have lots of helpful information online and numbers you can call.

It's important to stay safe, I don't want to freak you out but the most dangerous time is when you leave please try and get some support so you're not alone. I think the pills will help as you need to concentrate on getting yourself out of a dangerous place.

Take care - you can do this and your life will be better afterwards even if it takes a while for you to get back on your feet it will be worth it.

xxx

Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

The Sticky Kitchen on facebook!

Thread Information