Thread: New with few questions

New with few questions

Hi all,

Brief intro. 39 y/o male. Loving wife and beautiful kids. Lifelong worrier and card carrying hypochondriac.

3 years ago after a bad month of cancer scare I suddenly developed muscle twitching in my eyelid. After a few days I goggled my symptoms and BAM developed a horrid als scare. Twitching spread throughout my body. Literally fell of the earth. Became bedridden with fear, lost 30 lbs in one month.

After 5 neurologists, MRI’s (3) EMG’s(3) NCV’s(4), exams, tests, blood work, blood work and more blood work , some lexapro, finally started to get better. Skip ahead to a year ago. Although I was better I was not 100% right in head. ( Always wondered if neuros were right. )

I developed really bad TMJ. Have been battling that ever since. My twitching remains but is very sporadic.

Lately my anxiety is back with a vengeance! I am sooooo afraid I am dying. Can’t shake it or get on top of it. I have all the classic anxiety symptoms. Muscle tension, fatigue, burning, dry mouth, pins and needles………………………………………..on and on. Here are some questions please.

Jaw symptoms are my most fearsome right now. I am a bad clencher. Does anybody else have jaw fatigue? This is freaking me out! Can’t talk or chew for long without pain, burning, headaches and fatigue.

My neurologist saw me today and said exam is fine. But since I am struggling she wants to put me back on Lexapro. Had some light side effects but am worried will have worse ones second time around. Anybody take Lexapro?

I have read here about resting your nervous system. How do you do this? I have tried message, acupuncture, physical therapy but nothing really works.

All my muscles are really tense and sore. ANY muscle I use stiffens up. Like just typing this is killing my fingers. AAARRRGGGHHH. Any remedies?

Sorry if this is kind of all over the place but I am bad right now. Any help would be very helpful.

Blessings

DD

Re: New with few questions

Hi DD
    You are in the right place to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice and support.

chat is fun too

Hi

Jaw ache is very common amongst anxiety sufferers and as you explain you tend to tense your jaw. Try lying down and slowing down your breathing (with your lips closed and teeth slightly apart). It will help.

Yoga can also be of help for overall wellbeing and learning how to detense the body.

Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

The Sticky Kitchen on facebook!

Thread Information