Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fao Everybody Really

Re: Fao Everybody Really

I personally think that what makes this site unique is that we all have the same general symptoms but there are so many at different stages of anxiety that we can all learn and grow from each other.
    I'm not saying we all have the exact same experience but I can't count how many times I've read a post and had to reply that it sounded like one I could have wrote myself!!
    It's easy to feel alone and isolated when you are in the thick of anxiety but the truth is we all experience challenges due to our anxiety!
    For example, some of my dear friends are housebound, I am able to go out and do things but driving is still difficult for me, another friend of mine on the site is overcoming her driving phobia and can even go on the interstate! We all still have issues but are at different points in our struggles with anxiety which makes supporting each other easier because not only can we give advice but we can genuinely feel for the other because we've been there and know what it feels like!
    It's a great feeling to know we aren't alone!
    You aren't alone either!
    Maybe you are opinionated and angry but that doesn't make you a bad person. I am loud and also opinionated and I've been a member for years and they haven't booted me yet!!!
    LOL
    Just remember that we aren't the enemy hun!
    You need support? You've got it here!
    You need encouragement? You can get that here!
    You need a swift boot in the rear?? I know of several who can provide that too
    hehe
    xxx
    Sandy
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    Lao-Tze

Perhaps, Phil, you are someone who excels at everything - including your illness. You have succeeded materially with the cars etc, and now you are succeeding at being anxious/depressed too. I'm more of a moderate me.

Totally agree with Pooh, if anything your material possessions probably make things harder for you - a constant reminder of the things you can't do. And for that you have my sympathy.

LeeBee i think you have hit the nail on the head.

I so want to go and run my business in the flesh (a very busy shop) i so want to drive my cars and ride my bikes,i so want to go on holiday in my camper....the more i want the worse i feel.

We did try to go on holiday last year in the motorhome..i had a rare day where i thought i could take on the world....it lasted 140miles then the nausea came and boy was it bad....unfortunately my other half cant drive a manual vehicle so that added to the pressure i was stuck miles from home....i had to get home it took 10 hours to get back and was the worst in my entire life feeling on the verge of vomit but no vomit just constant severe nausea of course i eat nothing couldnt......as i got home the feelings subsided had a drink...then the missus got a take away curry and i ate it like nothing was wrong.

Phil

You speak your mind as much as you like as far as I'm concerned. I do agree with you that there are different levels of this illness as well. I speak my mind a lot and ponder over what I've written sometimes thinking "should I have said that". However, we are here to air whatever we feel (within reason and not causing too much offence to others).

You do wallow in self pity - I bet we all do. How could we not?

About the Ferraris and such like..... well I assume you drive them??? Or do you just look at them?

If I had your money, cos you are most certainly more wealthy than me I'd get myself THE best therapist on this illness and the best shrink. I really mean this.

I tell you what? If you want to give yourself a real boost pay for me to see THE best therapist that may help you (lol) ------.

Take care Phil, I wouldn't worry about what you say on the forum mate xxx

...my cars etc...i only really look at them...i do drive them occasionally but i feel so sick when i do that i dont get any enjoyment from it.

As for therapy i honestly feel to rough!...I cant even get down the docs nowadays,i have to phone him...which is weekly lol....he is so fustrated i wont take the meds..but does understand why...but he keeps saying "you may be very pleasantly surprised"

hi lolly...i have in the past been to all therapists even cbt and he said they cannot help me in the end because i just dont respond to behaviour mods...honestly tried everything outside medications...last summer i rode a push bike round the village 3miles aday for 3months...no help..i eat healthy dont drink caffeine dont eat sugar...i do however drink too much but this actually helped so we cant say that is doin the harm as i was very ill before alcohol.I once even got my dad to take me to a physcho hopistal and i said i dont want to leave until better...they evaluated me and said we cant help you.

Hence why me and the doc have come to the conclusion i have to take meds...as siad i have a fear of this plus i feel like i am defeated can you understand?..I feel a poof because i couldnt do it alone naturally...

Hi Phil

I really don't kow how to respond to this. I can't say your post offends me, but I do think you are maybe being a little selfish in your way of thinking, which hey we can all be guilty of.

Phobias, fear, anxiety and panic have crippled my life since I was 12. I have had a terrible time and lost alot of key people in my life through bereavement. I am not going to give you a sob story, because you will see me as one of those people who has more of a life than you. I work part time, but only just, and the strategies I have developed over the years are ridicuolous, but I somehow struggle through. Every day from the moment I wake is a constant battle and I am pleased I have come this far, yet not satisfied.

We are all struggling and it is wrong to say your anxiety is worse than mine just because I manage to do things. The terror and fear I feel on a daily basis tells me that my anxiety is in no way less criplling. Yet I have not given up, nor will I ever give up fightingmy fears. I have learnt that sitting in the house and hoping for a miracle is a waste of my life. And I only have one. We're all going to die one day, so if I die of a heart attack by pushing my anxiety to the limit at least I tried.

It must seem now that I was offended by your post, maybe I was just a little. I have worked damn hard to get where I am and believe me I am now facing the biggest fight of my life.....I'm pregnant and have severe phobias surrounding this. I am more sad because I don't think you are giving yourself credit for anything. You went out in the motorhome, yes it was hell, but you did it. Build on it. If something is worth getting it's worth fighting for. Money and cars mean nothing. I don't care to be honest how many cars you have, it is immaterial. I know you have mentioned it to illustrate the depths of your despair at your situation. It just goes to show that you can have it all but still have so many problems.

I wish you well Phil I really do.

I dont mean to offend or upset...but i just wanted to ask you if i can 'what exactly started your fear of meds? have you had a reaction to smething in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by lesleya View Post
    I dont mean to offend or upset...but i just wanted to ask you if i can 'what exactly started your fear of meds? have you had a reaction to smething in the past?

very good question,throughout life i just didnt take meds not for any fear reason just had the outlook that i will heal naturally and meds should only be used for life or death situ's,i then got stung by a wasp and feared i would be allergic...didnt happen...i have had to take meds for when i got bitten by a dog..i had no fear then....i then did get an allergic reation to something unknown it was the all over body rash version lasted about a week..no idea what caused it except it was on the next day after my dog died..anxiety related to take my mind from my sad loss?Doc said no way....so i guess that reaction scarred me.....so now from then on i just have an overwheming fear of allegic reation dont get me wrong if its life or death i would take...i just cant get my head around anti nausea tablets or xanax as life or death....even though i'd be best off dead because i have no life....i still cant get the balls to take them

Lolly again nail/head....i got someone who takes care of me which cant be a good thong for my anxiety....i was on incapacity benefit for 14 years before i bought the current business!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information