Thread: Complete numbness in little and ring finger?

Complete numbness in little and ring finger?

Hi there.

On occasion (lets say 2 nights a week for the last 3 months) I wake up from my sleep and my little finger and the one next to it are completely numb. If I shake my hands for a bit they come back to life, without pins and needles. Its almost exclusively the left hand that does this, although recently I woke up and both hands had the same thing (left one was worse). Once I woke up and my entire left hand was numb, and whilst it largerly returned to normal in a few seconds, the two 'problem' fingers remained a bit off all day.

I'm just wondering if anybody else has this? I've read one or two accounts of it on these forums, but I'm just wondering if its anxiety influenced/common or not. Two doctors have assured me its nothing serious, especially sinister brain problems as don't present themselves in this way. Sleeping on a nerve is their conclusion. Perhaps all this tension in my shoulders/neck/entire body makes it easier to 'trap' a nerve or something?

Anyhow, just wondering. Any help would be great!

You don't sleep with a watch on that might be the culprit of an external nerve trapper ? or sleep on your arm .... ?

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

I wake up most days and my left hand is completely numb. I sleep on my right hand side so I know it is not cos I am laying on it. In fact I can be laying there on my right hand side and feel that it is completely numb for a few minutes before I clench my fist and then it goes.

I was going to ask Meg about it but thought that it sounded a bit silly cos I am not suspecting anything terminally wrong with me just wondered why it goes numb so often.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Yes, Nic, I got the self same thing each morning, but rarely get that now.

Also, I am prone to numbness in my right little finger when holding the phone (that's the hand I'm using to hold the phone). Usually comes on after about 10 or 15 minutes.

I believe this is fairly normal, but have forgotten the explanation.

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

I have this and it use to freak me out because I hate having any numbness. I do get it and I do think it is circulation problems. Mine is the left hand and it appears often.

TT

TT

Hi i get numbness in my fingers b4 i get a migraine especially my thumbs for sum reason, and if my hands are really cold,

kairen x

Thread Information