Thread: Frightened of own existence

Frightened of own existence

Still fighting on with this Anxiety. Trying to accept the way i'm feeling trying not to feed it. But what i'm struggling with is that i'm still too aware of myself and in fact frightened of own being somehow. I'm also aware of everything i'm seeing somehow . I suppose i'm still struggling to look "out" and still inward. The cut offs when i feel not here are the worse. Most of all when u feel u r really trying and how u feel doesn't subside. How do i get my mind "off" me. Does anyone feel any of this. Thankyou for all your support u are all so kind.

Hi Suz,

have you any relaxation tapes, as you concentrate on these your mind will stop thinking about your thoughts, do anything that will distract you, dancing, exersize, reading, do you have any hobbies that you can get into. just something else to think about other than anxiety

take care

kairen x

I think Kairen is right. Distracting yourself is the best way to cope with the unwanted feelings. Throwing yourself into something really helps me..

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Hi Suzuki,
    I find that if i feel anxious getting on and doing something really takes my mind off of it, sometimes you have to really push yourself to do it, but it is worth the effort. If the weather is nice, try doing something in the garden, the sunshine and fresh air will help.
    Take Care,
    Trac

**But what i'm struggling with is that i'm still too aware of myself and in fact frightened of own being somehow**

What are you afraid might happen most ?

Well done for noticing that you're too aware of yourself - try spending more time in situations where somepone else is the focus - these are often doing things for others , you'l get a sense of achievment and satisfaction as well as helping yourself

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Thread Information