Thread: Blood Pressure Spikes

Blood Pressure Spikes

I noticed the last couple of nites as soon as I start falling asleep it seems like my blood pressure spikes up. Yesterday I had the feeling and the top of my head felt hot and i got an instant headache. I also am scared now that I am going to have a stroke when this happens and am now scared to go to sleep. Anyone else get this?

Thanks, Brandy

Re: Blood Pressure Spikes

Hi Brandy - the symptoms that you describe aren't necessarily the result of high blood pressure. Have you seen a doctor? I would make an appointment, explain your symptoms and get your blood pressure checked. Hopefully the doctor will be able to put your mind at ease .

yeah, as far as i know, it can be very hard to tell if your blood pressure is high, unless of course you are in extreme panic, it's more likley if naything you may have the latest flu going round, i had that, thought i was going to have a heart attack or something, my pulse was around 120, but after 5 hours waiting at the hospital and an Ibprofen later (had to be forced to take), i was fine.

my hands have been unusually warm these days, is that a sign of high BP? also does your heart beat faster when you have high BP? Like you'd have a racing pusle?

Hi Brandy

I experienced the same problem with HBP. A year ago I thought I had HBP and the doctor put me on medication then 10 months later I began to have Panic attacks, sometimes the diagnoses may not be HBP, HBP is caused by pain or anything abnormal that is going on with you body or it could be hereditery or caused by poor diet too much intake of sodium. If you have a headache or experience dizziness this will spike up BP. After finding out that I was experiencing PA I asked the doctor to take me off the BP med for 2 wks taking Xanax only as needed and my BP has been fine for 2 weeks. However just follow up with your doctor and have them monitor your BP at least for 2-6 weeks before prescribing you med for BP bc you might not neccessarily need it. When my BP would be high at night I would usually wake up from a bad dream and insomia can spike BP bc you are in fear and sudden shock from nightmares or it could be from anxiety, having a hard time going to sleep due to being fearful.

Thanks for all the replys! Thanks dmckinney! Maybe i should request a bp moniter because I felt it go high again as i was taking a nap. and it got me really scared again! Last night i had the worst headache that i think it from a blood pressure spike and it really scared me!

NP try taking Excedrin for yourTension headaches and most definitely invest in a blood pressure monitor preferable digital that will keep record or BP. Take your BP in the morning, evening, and night. However please monitor your BP before going to the doctor bc all they want to do these days is give you meds without truly diagnosing you. That is the mistake that I made I was place on BP med and come to find out I need to be treated for anxiety, anxiety was causing BP to spike. AND NO MATTER WHAT EAT HEALTHY!

Thread Information