Thread: Has anyone tried Pristiq??

Has anyone tried Pristiq??

My Psychiatrist says it is similar to Effexor, but it is a one dose for everyone, no matter how old or what size you are. It only come is 50mg, and you take it once a day. I don't quite understand how that can work. And, unfortunately for me, after almost 3 weeks, I'm not seeing any signs of it working. I don't know how much longer I can just "go with it" and "give it a little more time to do it's thing". Why do they always say that? It's easy for them to do, when i'm sitting here crying every night for it to just make me feel one iota better. If only they could live in our shoes for a while. There has got to be something better out there. They can find cures for cancer because it is killing people. Don't they realize that this is killing our souls?

Becki

Re: Has anyone tried Pristiq??

I don't know much about the specifics of that med but usually it takes 4-6 weeks of being on a medication for the levels to be therapeutic.
    It is frustrating to feel the way you do and to be waiting for the meds to take some of the edge off and have to continue to wait!
    The only thing I can say is I hope that it helps real soon hun!
    xxx
    Sandy
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    Lao-Tze

I was given this too? any one else can give feedback on it side effects etc. Thanks

Looked it up on Wikipedia....... not approved for use in UK. Would appear to be based on Venlafaxine. Doesn't look like its as effective as venlafaxine with poor results over placebo hence the reason its unlikely to get approval for uk use I guess.

Thread Information