Page 1 of 79 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: citalopram

Question citalopram

hi am new to this. On Saturday I took citalopram for first time 20 mg.I stopped seroxat 40mg the day before .took this for 11 years.feel so ill dizzy off balance scared panicking headaches feel like head bursting anxiety just the worst of it! I take zopiclone and amitryptaline at night. Anyone had similar ? Does it get better? Help please? Am crying all time also and feel not with it at all
    Last edited by reallyfedup; 02-01-09 at 13:03. Reason: missed out detail

Re: citalopram

hey i only started taking them on monday but ive had similar side effects to you. the dr told me itd be bad in the first 2 weeks so im sure well both feel a lot better soon.

SORRY YOU FEEL SO AWFUL. YOU SOUND TO ME LIKE YOU ARE EXPERIENCING DRUG WITH DRAWALS ,11 YEARS IS A LONG TIME TO BE TAKING SOMETHING, YOU SHOULD OF GRADUALLY COME OFF OF THAT MED SURELY BEFORE YOU STARTED TAKING A LOWERDOSE OF ANOTHER.YOU ARE PROBABLY ALSO SUFFERING SIDE EFFECTS OF THE CITALOPRAM.TO BE HONEST I DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR DOC WAS THINKING ABOUT.IF I WAS YOU I WOULD PHONE THE N.H.S.DIRECT FOR SOME PROFFESSIONAL ADVICE .HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON LUV SUE XX

thanks for your replies.a pharmacist told me its ok to stop and start another ssri straight off as I questioned this course of action . I wondered if I am having withdrawal from one as well as starting a new pill. both together are the side effects from hell.

I was on seroxat i was on 10ml (liquid) came right down to 5ml. then docs put me on citalopram, i waited till i got down to 1ml of seroxat then i started the citalopram, its been 1 full week without seroxat and 1 week on citalopram, and i feel like you do, im only on 4 drops which = 8mg.
    and i feel sooo ill, really lighthheaded, anxious, and just generally ill. ive had one day out of the week where i felt pretty good, then the next day i felt awful again.
    today just feel like crap :(
    and ya know i was told that it could be the withdrawls from the seroxat (i was on this for about 6 years)
    so fingers crossed that its just the effect from the seroxat!!

hope we both feel better soon as its vile being like this

how are things going ? I on day 10 of stopping seroxat and starting citalopram. Am starting to feel bit better. Hope I have ridden the storm and that it will be an easier journey now. Anyone had similar experience? Am I on the road up? X

Im really pleased for you im not been toooo bad i keep seeing the light LOL, i seem to get bouts of really bad anxiety and i go really really weak and tierd it last about 5-10mins or i have to just sit down and wait for it to pass, its really strange, its like ...you know when your hungry when you get the shakes and go really weak and you need to eat something QUICK ? its like that, im wondering if its my blood sugars, gonna ask the doc.

How are you getting on today?
    please keep us informed

Lightbulb Re: citalopram

I am the same and wondered about blood sugar Have started snacking on nuts dried fruit etc and taking quarter of vit b complex. I have felt this since early menopause though I know my mood has lifted and the dizziness is a bit better which I think in turn gives me bit more self belief that I am slowly coming out of the darkest days - I hope x Sara

Unhappy Re: citalopram

Quote Originally Posted by reallyfedup View Post
    I am the same and wondered about blood sugar Have started snacking on nuts dried fruit etc and taking quarter of vit b complex. I have felt this since early menopause though I know my mood has lifted and the dizziness is a bit better which I think in turn gives me bit more self belief that I am slowly coming out of the darkest days - I hope x Sara
    Having said the above have just had massive anxiety rush and feel sh.te now and dizzy as ever!

Page 1 of 79 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information