Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: citalopram

Re: citalopram

Oh how strange.........so have i!!!!!!!!!!!! feel really anxious, just made some toast see if that helps me. although when i feel like this i dont want to eat.
    it makes me think is this all really worth it!?

it has to be worth it! The alternative could be scarier!?! X let's try to rest and tell ourselves it is ok . Sometimes it feels that unless I am in control then I am a failure . Who needs to stop feeling so guilty also about being 'out of action' ?x

I need to get to boots chemist and its driving me mad i cant get there, im scared to go out lol, im really pacing up and down the room here..
    lets see if i can do it
    how u feeling now?

Lightbulb Re: citalopram

dizzy now. I don't go out at all at the moment. If I felt that I had to go out I would go into panic. These fears must be making u worse .decide to do it or stay in. Once the decision is made maybe u will be less scared.?

Question Re: citalopram

turned out to be a bad day overall for me. Going Drs tomorrow and will ask how long citalopram side effects last and tell him about how pigging awful swapping meds from seroxat is! What does cold turkey feel like? Anyone know please tell?
    I am fed up of crying being angry dizzy and so so panicky and anxious.: I know that I have no life at the moment and I want it back . I have a lovely husband and two fab sons and feel they do not deserve this either

Hi Guys,
    I have been on Citalopram for 9 weeks now and can honestly say that in a week to 10days the side effects wear off.
    As my doctor explained it, the Citalopram is correcting an imbalance in the brain, the greater the imbalance the greater the side effects will be due to the greater shift in brain chemistry. I found these words comforting, thinking that as i suffered the awful side effects it was my brain chemistry being corrected!
    With each incresease i've had the side effects have gotten better too so they must be doing the job! Lookinh through all other posts on Citalopram, anyone who made it through the initial few months has raved about it, saying they feel wonderful now, i take great comfort in the hope that life will be back to better than normal soon.
    I've also found in my experience that eating at regular intervals and keeping hydrated seems to help no end!
    Hope this helps
    X

thanks for this reassurance its good to know .what dose are u?

wow yea thanks for the re assurance...we sooo need it x

well i managed to go out but i ended up going to the nearest store superdrug instead of boots, but i did it and thank goodness there were hardly anyone in there

This morning im feeling pretty refreshed no anxiety, but as we all know anxiety can just start...and for no apparent reason with me.

looking back in 22 dec i took 1ml (seroxat) (i weaned down to this amount slowly) + 3 drops (cipromal)
    then on the 29 dec i stopped seroxat and took 4 drops cipromal
    the 4 drops is what the docs prescribed.
    so do i count this in with how long ive been taking it or do i start from the 29 dec?
    otherwise i would have been on cipromal for 16 days in total instead of a week???

u went out- you should be sooo proud
    I have dr appt today so husband is taking me. Day 11 of med switch for me and still verrry anxious and dizzy- if I had known it would make me feel so bad I don't think I would have started this journey. Dr and pharmacist warned me I might "feel a bit different but nothing unpleasant" biggest understatement of the yr I believe!?!?
    my husband asked me if I wanted a walk the other day- I snapped " yes, I want you to walk a bl!!dy mile in my shoes " the thought of being able to do 'normal' everyday things seems beyond me. I have not been a very nice person to be around and feel guilty but can't control it.
    I have a friend who just been given same dose as me of citalpram because she feels 'a bit low'.how can the same dose sort out me then? I would happily settle for her symptoms and throw a bloody party to celebrate!

Smile Re: citalopram

dr told me will be 6weeks from starting citalopram to feeling the benefits. He said also that I am on the way up now. The worst is over as seroxat has now left my system. watch this space! I hope he is right

Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information