Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: citalopram

Re: citalopram

Quote Originally Posted by reallyfedup View Post
    I have not been a very nice person to be around and feel guilty but can't control it.
    i ALWAYS have this feeling .. and i really hate it ..

----------------------------

i'm on citalopram and "vaben" for like 5 days and it's really horrible .. the dizziness i feel !!!.. i cant stand for more than 10 seconds and i'm just too anxious .. but i can feel that things are getting better .. like today i didnt feel dizzy so much.

it really surprised me that whenever i read a comment of you i say " oh my god this is exactly how i feel"

like i really HATE going out but of course i have to and i go out so scared and think of it for the whole day ..

so i really know it's hard and i wish you will feel better soon .. good luck

Smile Re: citalopram

thank you so much and I hope you feel better soon too. Your English is excellent by the way
    I shall try to stay positive but it is hard when anxiety seems to have stolen my life.

Lightbulb Re: citalopram

day12 of citalopram . Now I know that seroxat is out of my body
    the dr suggested to me that I need to have the same patience and care for myself like if it was a broken leg. I would be able to do little and would not have the same expectations of myself whilst it was healing....being angry and abusing an illness will not make it better. How would we treat a cut? We would look after it hopefully! Mmmm food for thought?

Oh i do hope your doctor is right!!!
    well i felt pretty good yesterday, no shakes or feeling anxious at all, but today "NOW" i feel bloody awful again, got up washed my hair then the shakes and anxiety started.....im thinking WHY i was ok yesterday nothings changed!!!
    ohhh im soooo fed up of feeling normal one day then bad the next, its like my body is teasing me (if ya know what i mean lol)

Ive been taking citalopram now for 6 weeks. By week 3 i began to feel loads calmer. Then big mistake I didnt get a repeat prescription over the Christmas hols and felt worse than I have in ages. I still dont feel the calm person I was before Christmas but hopefully I will return to that calm state again.
    They certainly were begining to help me. Hope you all have success with them. When your feeling at rock bottom its worth giving anything a try.

Laugh and the world laughs with you , cry and ? .....
    you need a bog roll. lol

I am new here and have been on citalopram for 9 weeks now.Up to 3 days ago was on 20mg and not feeling any better,doctor upped it to 40mg.Feeling worse at times now and no better.Thinking of giving it a week and then contact doctor ,but I gotta be positive and say to myself ''It will work''This is my 4th time for anxiety/depression and each time on differant medication.Last time about 4 years ago effevexor done the trick after 2 others didn't.Worst time is lying in bed in the morning when the anxiety starts coming on about nothing or everything.I know I will feel better when I am up and wash,brush teeth etc.but it is such an effort at times.I am not too bad if life go's smoothly without complications but if something comes up that I would normally take in my stride it can be overwhelming.Has anyone been in a position similar to mine or can offer any words of encouragement.Only saw this site today and was looking at citalopram side effects as well as this topic.Will now spend a bit more time looking at this site.

how much in common we have. Today I am calmer but have been warned of blips. These knock us back. Citalpm (now on day 12) is my 4th anti d in the last 14 yrs so I have to put my faith in it. I still feel awful but not as bad as last week. Today I think I still have a long journey ahead but I have said goodbye to the roughest part on this path.
    I wake also everyday then in seconds fear and all the other cack kicks in. Side effects-surely it will get better - it can't last forever???!!!?
    I am still not sleeping too well but feel less tired than when I took seroxat. I think I expect to see improvements every day and its a knockback if I don't! Maddening but it is a slow process

Hi there, I really feel for you, but it will get better, Ive been on and off anti depressant for most of my adult life also and it just finding what works, I agree with some others who say that your doctor is giving these out too readily, it has to be a balance of medication and lifestyle changes like excercise and so forth. Doctors don't really know how these drugs, mixing or coming off feels, only the person does. I think and hope that very soon you will feel better, as what you are feeling sounds horrible, but not that surprising in the circumstances, feel good soon, Steph

Im still feeling really anxious today,but not to bad, but i also feel really tierd and that makes me feel worse.
    Its the week when the kids need getting up for school no lying in, and today its caught up with me....so im putting it down to tierdness

Red face Re: citalopram

angie I think you are right, you are tired. If I so much as sneeze I want to blame side effects but in all probability its not! Its hard to separate what is the norm sometimes.

thanks also to all replied as I feel less isolated in my fears.

Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information