Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: citalopram

Re: citalopram

Hi folks. Just joined and already had a few replies which is good. It is always a comfort to know that you're not alone. These drugs companies must be raking it in.

I am currently on 20mg of Citalopram after having been unwell on and off since last summer. I'm also taking 30mg of Mirtazapine before bed as these help me sleep well and give me an appetite PLUS the occasional Valium to get over particularly high hurdles.

I've joined this site to find out more regarding peoples' experiences with Citalopram. I've only been on the 20mg for 26 days and have just had a particularly good spell of 5-6 days only to have a big panic attack yesterday out of the blue on waking from an afternoon nap. This has coloured today as well of course so now naturally I have been confused and anxious as to what to do next especially as I thought I was nearing the tunnels' end.

From what I have been told though, It seems that this is to be expected for some weeks while the meds still find their own balance even after a good period. Funnily enough, my evenings are almost always OK. But I can't face going back to work yet and have postponed my CBT therapy session for tomorrow. Just hope they'll work in the long run.

Best wishes to you all. Jon.

Hi all How you all feeling 2day?Poor Lucy & Sara with your colds.Suzy its great to hear your feeling a bit better Hubber you did well going to work at all,hope your up to trying again this week,it might make you feel a little better.I had a great w.end away,didnt drink to much & feel not as bad as i was expecting surprisingly,a little neck stress but nothing i cant cope with.Take care everyone

Hi all! everyone seems positive Hope the mountain boots dont rub Sara .lol I had another good day but was more anxious and tired this morning when i woke,not been as tired in the day as i was last week. My stomache isnt as bad but still bloated ,im back to my usual weight now ! as i lost nearly a stone .Dont want to put any more on thou,im a size 10 and have been for years. Glad to hear you had a good w/e lorrany,and you didnt drink much. Hope you sleep better tonight Budgie,i hate nights like that ! yuk. Hope everyone has a good day tommorow luv sue x

Hi all!
    Its day....actually, I cant remember, I stopped counting! Its week 8 now though and I reckon I am up to about 85% capacity and feeling better than I have felt in months. Work is going fine, I stopped taking sleeping tablets at the weekend and everything is much brighter.
    There are some mild residual symptoms still floating about such as a bit of derealisation about an hour after taking the meds which brings in some random thought patterns but its temporary and minor.
    Lucy, after a lot of research and questions it seems that derealisation (look it up in 'symptoms' in the column on the left, its very informative) is a known bye- product of Citalopram and not you, it is a sign its working on your system, it is not necessarily a sign you need to 'up' your meds. Dr's will happily give out more meds - its an easy option.
    Sue you sound like you're moving in the right direction and how is Sara today? The rest of you, I hope these posts provide some sort of useful information
    Bob

Morning everyone

Gosh! I think I now know why I had such problems sleeping on Sunday night! I get Cluster Headaches, and yesterday evening I got a big hit; looking back now, the agitation and restlessness on Sunday were classic signs that one was coming I didn't cotton on at the time because it had been a while since my last one, although I should have realised as I'd been getting smaller hits over the past week. Now it all makes sense!

I didn't sleep so good last ngiht because of the episode, and today I'm feeling a bit tired and a bit grim, but I made it to work, and hopefully I will follow the usual pattern of improving a bit as the day goes on, and then have a good sleep tonight But I need to be aware that I seem to be heading into a cluster phase. I've got some medication but I've never tried it yet. My gp says its fine to take with the cit., but I'd rather not take it unless it gets really necessary

hi everyone , since forgetting to take my tabs on fri morning i have felt rubbish.... Saturday i had really bad headache all day and spacey and Sun,Mon and today felt spacey/ not with it and really cold/goosebumps and really tired could this happen even just missing one dose thought i was getting better................and then this! hope you are all well lucy x

Hi everyone,hope your all on the up.Lucy how are you feeling now?Look on the bright side ,spring is here the weather is beautiful & hopefully you will be feeling good again in a few days. I didnt take my cit on Sat. night coz i was away and had a few drinks,felt so yuk on Tues. dont know why it took so long to hit in.Thought i had got off with it on Mon. coz i wasnt feeling to bad but you live and learn. Suzy you must have been feeling bad when you lost a stone,is it the tablets dont make you feel hungry or were you nausious?I comfort eat,im a size 10 too but i used to be heavier before i had my son and the post natal depression but nothing stops me eating.Anyone heard from Hubber?hope hes feeling a bit better.Everyone take care

Hi all!Lorranny you sound like you had a delayed hangover,also you havnt been on the cit long and alcohol can make you go back to where you were,Lucy had this problem. Hope you feel better tommorow. Some people can have the odd drink but not too much ,but it would be wiser to stay off it at least until the cit has settled.Im now on day17 on 40mg,not been as tired as lasttwo weeks but am still waking with anxiety,not too bad but would be nice to be rid of it.I still feel good the rest of the day and pretty laid back.The dog next door hasnt stopped barking im suprised it hasnt got a sore throat! normally this would have sent me crazy ! ..palps etc... Well done citalopram !Hope you are ok Hubber? how did you get on at the doctors? ..By the way lorrany i lost the weight due to anxiety,before i went on the meds,its taken over 5months to put it back on,& ive had to eat more to do it. Hows your week been Bob& Sara? Budgie hope your headache is better,i suffered with cluster heads when i was younger, my Dad used to get them too.At least it explains a lot ,in the way youve been feeling. Hope you all feel better tommorow .sue x

Hi Guys.
    Still here, i think had a rough time pst week. doc has kept me on 60 for another few weeks to see if there is qany change. most of last week i hardly spent any time at office before coming home. very difficult to motivate myelf.
    other day i was confused and took my 60 three times :( wow was that a weird time :(
    Dont get much support from my boss, in the main its cos i dont tell him but thats cos i cant trust him :(
    lasted all day yesterday and hoping for the same today.

hope you all feel better soon.

Hubber thats fantastic on the work front,hope you make it through today.Sounds like your boss is a lot like some others(not much TLC when its not for themselves)a bit like mine,anyway dont let that get you down. Hi Jon how are you doing on your meds?are you feeling any better yet?Im only new on them too but everyone here advises to give them time to work and settle although im feeling a lot better than i did a few weeks ago. Hope you are feeling better soon.Suzy hows that neighbours dog ,maybe you should through it a few tablets (joke)it might keep it quiet(hope its not my sisters dog) LOL maybe it would help to have a word with the owners about keeping it in at night.Everyone have a great day its the weekend again,Mothers day Sunday so im being taken out for dinner,take care

Page 51 of 79 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread Information