Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 286876777879 LastLast

Thread: citalopram

Re: citalopram

Hey guys how are you?

Well, I lost count of exactly how long I've been taking Citalopram, but its been 7 months or so, and I am still more or less feeling good Some days are blip-like, but nothing like how I was before!! I haven't had suicidal thoughts for about 5 weeks now, which is amazing.

I am still waiting for my CBT though.

My anxiety is the main issue at the moment. I had to go to a medical (for my new job, which I STILL haven't started yet due to all this occ health check stuff), and the doctor who saw me did some tests and feels that my anxiety is a problem, but he recommends me fit for work, and when I told him how things had turned around for me, he was pleased to hear it. I'm just waiting now to see if my employers are going to agree and take me on

But, in myself, I am, as I said, feeling good I went on my date the other day and it was great! We really get along and have a lot in common, and since the date we have been keeping in touch, so, whatever happens in the future we are good friends I was so anxious before the date! I was on the train mumbling to myself to help me stay calm

Hi Budgie ,so pleased you are doing well .If the Dr says you are fit for work ,I dont see how they can not take you on to be honest .Im sure things will be fine hun .Glad your date went well ,you did well to not bottle out at the last minute .Its so nice to read of someone really doing well ,its been a rocky few months ,for you ,Now you are starting to enjoy life and im really happy for you .Hugs Sue x

Thanks suzy, you've been so helpful to me over the past months, as has everyone else here at the forum, and I'm so grateful!

How are you doing at the moment, hope you're ok?

Aah thanks Budgie .Im not bad at moment thanks ,was feeling more anxious of late AGAIN UUURGH ,but now increased to 40mg .Im going on holiday in 8 days so begining to get amxious about it now .Last year I didnt go as I was so bad ,and bottled out last minute .If I have to be dragged to the airport this time ,so be it lmao . I have to do it for myself ,as I have no intention of letting this run my life anymore ...That said ,im waking up every morning feeling like my stomache is doing somersaults ,every time I think of it . . lol Hope you have had a good week ? How is the driving coming on ? Luv Sue x

Gosh, suzy! A holiday sounds fantastic! You definitely deserve going away and treating yourself Where are you going to?

My driving is going really well, thanks. My instructor says I'm ready to do my theory test now so I got a DVD for my laptop that has all kinds of stuff on for theory/practical tests and the highway code. My driving has got a lot better and I've been learning more manouvers (like the infamous reverse round a corner!). I feel more confident driving now and seem to have got the hang of the clutch and things like that, so I can't wait to do my theory!

Hi Budgie ,well done with the driving ,you sound so confident now .Well im off to Lanzarote on Monday ... Although I have been anxious in the morning s ,I feel so different than last year .I havnt been away for the last three summers because of my anxiety ,and I cant believe how positive I am feeling ..This means more to me than any thing else I have accomplished ,,just to go away again and enjoy it will make the last year worthwhile ..Im even more organised this time lol .Any way .I hope you have a good week and Ill be in touch when I get back .Send me some positive vibes for Monday morning as this will be the worst time for me ...Take care luv Sue xx

Will do, suzy! You'll have a great holiday, I can sense it! You must give a report when you're back!

I did something a couple of days ago that I haven't done for over 18 months; I booked ticket to a concert in November The thought of being in a dark, hot, loud space like a concert hall, surrounded by people shouting and milling against you, was something that brought me out in panic; one time last year I was at a gig and I had a panic attack, it was horrible, I had to leave the place and go home and since then I always got anxious about going to music gigs, even though I love music so much... well, I found out that one of my favourite bands are coming to my part of the world, and before I'd even thought about it, I'd booked tickets! I'm really looking forward to it now It may be a challenge, what with my memories of having a panic attack (its at the same place), but I feel ok about going there, not phased about it, so I think its going to be all right

Thanks Budgie ! Thats really good to hear about the concert ,It shows how far youve come .Im sure you will be fine and will have a lovely time .Will spk to you when I get back .Gosh this time last year I had freaked out about going away and couldnt face it at all .What a difference a year makes ..Have a good week and keep well .Luv Sue x

Quote Originally Posted by suzy-sue View Post
    Thanks Budgie ! Thats really good to hear about the concert ,It shows how far youve come .Im sure you will be fine and will have a lovely time .Will spk to you when I get back .Gosh this time last year I had freaked out about going away and couldnt face it at all .What a difference a year makes ..Have a good week and keep well .Luv Sue x

have a great holiday for extra confidence for you!!! xxxx

Suzy, hope you had a great time on your holiday

Oh my gosh! I just booked my driving theory test! Its going to happen in a couple of weeks, so I have some time to do more studying, but I am quite nervous about it. But I keep thinking to myself that I've done so well to get to this point, I could never have done this a year ago. My neighbour and my mum are going to go with me, and while I'm at the centre they are going shopping; it was my neighbour who convinced me to organise the test, as she told me she's seen me driving and reversing in the street in my lessons, and she said both her and her husband think I'm becoming a really good, safe driver. So I felt I should just go for it

Page 78 of 79 FirstFirst ... 286876777879 LastLast

Thread Information