Please help.. I`m feeling pretty dreadful. I have suffered with anxiety on and off for many years now, but struggling with new symptoms, which are worrying me.
It`s difficult to explain just how dreadful they make me feel but here goes....

For example, last night I went to bed feeling reasonably happy and relaxed. In fact I was in a positive frame of mind. As I was trying to drift off to sleep, my mind started wandering, and then Waves of a dreadful feeling came over me. I say "waves", because this feeling travels through my body....a tingling, throbbing, pulsing sensation, and a feeling of dread. I get pain in my stomach, my heart rate goes up, and I feel like I need to yawn to get enough breath. I appreciate that the yawning and heart rate increase are due to anxiety, or panic setting in, but why these waves of dread and this horrible sensations in the first place? What is that all about? The episodes tend to last at least an hour, and they scare me. It has happened to me today , twice too. It leaves me feeling headachey, and my muscles ache all over.
Any ideas please as to what this is? I`m worried that this is more than anxiety.