Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ONE STEP FORWARD 1 STEP BACK

hi charlie,

strange enough,i didnt laugh,i dont have a car these days,but when i did,i never felt comfortable in car washes..had to do it,cos of keeping up with the neighbours,and there posh cars....bryan.

Hiya Charlie,

Good for you, I could not imagine being stuck in a d**n car wash. I would probably go right into full panic mode, make an ass of myself and then vow to never return to that car wash "EVER"!!!!. LOL.... Kudos to you, you did brilliant. Keep up the good work.

Take care dear,

Love Diana xxx

Hiya All,

Thanks again for all of the posts of encouragement about the troubles I have been experiencing with my daughter. All of your posts have made me feel alot better, I don`t feel so secluded now. I know these are the years for this but boy is it tough!!! Thanks again all. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you.

Love Diana xxx

Charlie

You are so brave. I drove into one of those car washes once and never realised that it shut the doors infront and behind.

Panic - oh god yes I did. I was on the phone to Alex saying "get me out of here" !! Well what could he do realistically.

I tried one once more and I had a work colleague with me and I was panicking inside but pretending I was ok. I then started feeling that overwhelming sense of panic and I just said "oh I don't feel well and need to get out of here". He just chatted away and didn't realise I was panicking. Once outside I was so relieved!!

Nowadays I can't go in them with my car cos I have a luggage rack (PHEW) so I have managed to escape that situation for over a year now

You did so well though - well done.

Glad the gym was good too - the exercise definitely helps my panic (and the diet) so I hope you carry on doing it.

Well done to you

Nicola

Diana

How did you find the tape? I hope it worked, not sure if American cassettes are the same as UK (know videos aren't)?

Hope your prodigal daughter has returned safe and sound too. Really think you should sit her down and try and have an adult conversation with her (if she'll let you), about how worried you've been, and requesting that if she is going to go missing again, she at least phones you every day, and tells you where she is, and makes sure you have a way of contacting her if there is an emergency. Explain that you don't want to take away her freedom, but her being so inconsiderate in not letting you know where she is is ruining YOUR freedom, and that you can't relax when she is AWOL.

Hope you are feeling better today

Love

Charlie

Charlie,

Thank you sooo much for your support. The tape is great, thank you again it really has helped this past week. Yes my "Little Darling" arrived home yesterday evening in fact, of course yesterday was the long awaited 18th birthday. I guess as expected (for her) atleast the heavens did`nt open up and shed his beams down especially upon her was quite disappointing for her. We did have a long heart to heart talk, well atleast I did, she seemed very distracted and anxious to end the conversation, but I did not allow her to get up and leave until I was finished speaking. I am feeling quite better today, thank you for asking. I`m not sure however that she is not going to go "AWOL" on me again, but atleast I know now I can get through it. You all have been so supportive and have offered so much good advice. I honestly would have been quite worse off than I was if it were`nt that I could get on here with you all and vent my concerns, anger and hurt. You all have been soooo wonderful!!!!! Thanks again dear, I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Lot`s of Love and Hugs go out to you

Love Diana xoxoxo

Diana

Great news that she came back at last.

Let's hope she will be a bit more supportive in the future but you never know eh?

Hope you feel better about it all now

Nicola

Hiya Nicola,

Thank you for the support. I do hope she will be a bit more considerate than she has been in the past (2) years or so. Like you said though, who knows?????? I do feel quite better about things today. Atleast I have let her know how I feel and what is expected of her, so now if she goes I know I`ve done everything I can possibly do to get her on the right track. Not that it will hurt any less, but I know I will "SURVIVE"!!!! with friends like all of you and the whole hearted support I get here, I can do anything. Thanks for all of the guidance and support, I really appreciate it.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Love Diana xoxoxo

Dear Diana

well done for coping so well! It must have been very hard. I'm so glad you are feeling better, I'm sure being able to talk to her must have made a difference (even if she wasn't listening to any of it - I'm sure deep down it was getting to her).

At the end of the day she is 18, and her own person, and there is a limit to what you can do, however this doesn't make it any easier or any less painful for you - but at least you can rest easy, knowing you have DONE YOUR BEST!

You make sure you take good care of yourself, and find time to "chill" each day.

Love

Charlie

Hiya Charlie,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I am sure going to make sure I make time for me, especially now. I hope what I talked to her about is lingering somewhere along in the back of her mind. So that she can call on it when needed. Like you said though, she is 18 and her own person. I guess we all live and learn. I know that this is the cycle of life, I suppose I just was`nt prepared for what 18 had to offer "ME" LOL............. But with all of everyone`s support here, I can conquer anything I put my mind to. It is very hard, but I know I will survive!!!!! Thanks again dear soooooo much. I can not put into words the happiness I get from all of you. This forum and the people here are a God send.

Thanks again!!!!!

Love,

Diana xoxoxo

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information