Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norovirus - HELP!

Norovirus - HELP!

Stupid man on the radio just went on about how THOUSANDS of people are expected to phone in ill tomorrow because of b****y noro. And he reminded everyone that this year is so much worse than last. Why do they have to keep on about it??? Scared to go out again now

Re: Norovirus - HELP!

Hi Angela

I'm an emmet too and up until finding out I was pregnant on Christmas Day Noro was the predominant fear in my life.

I think that sounds WILL phone in sick tomorrow as it is the first day back for many after Christmas. But do you not think that noro provides them, well some of them, with a very convenient excuse for a bit more time off????

Does anyone really want to return to work and at the moment they have a good excuse.

Thanks Adrea, in my panic I didn't think of that! An upset stomach is the most common excuse I suppose, and especially now.

x

I just have to say this (and i have emet too, but i have to rationalise this as much as i can, otherwise i would go insane!!!)

Last year at this EXACT same time the TV/Radio was completely overwhelming with the "Norovirus epidemic" going to hit an all time high when the kids go back to school and this year is NO different to any other year. Winter is notorious for illness...thats what happens - its perfectly normal.

Actually, if you search the BBC website for Norovirus, you'll see posts from ALL year through with wards shut etc. If there is no news, the chat about the next best thing...

x

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

Thanks, Belle. It's so hard to be rational sometimes!

x

A lot of our anxieties seem to stem from Tv etc. Also there is not a lot of positives on the news. They dont have much to say if its good news. x

Hi guys :-)

I share the whole stress of noro - yet more wards closed where i work. We have to take one day at a time, keep up the hygiene etc and try not to let the media coverage fuel our fears - if only it was that easy! I'm a complete mess with it all!

am just so glad there are other folk around who understand......

sending (non infected) hugs to all who would like or need one...

Ellie
    xx

Thanks for putting a rational perspective on things for us.

I've spent the last week in a state of nervous collapse about the whole getting ill/virus. I was at home for a week and getting there on the train was bad enough, but then I did get a sore throat/cold and had to get back on the train to come back to London today - utterly terrified because wasn't sure whether I had the horrid virus!!! Argh! Obviously, I didn't because I'm still alive and not sick. Fingers crossed.

Saying that, my hands are really dry and sore because I have washed them so much just in case! Thank goodness for rich handcream is all I'm saying... :-)

I get the flu jab as I have asthma, does anyone know if this will protect me against Noro virus?

Hi there, yeah the tv / radio can be a blessing and a curse unfortunatley. It can both freak us out and it's a way of protecting and informing us, giving information to wrap up warm, get the appropriate jabs if we need them (flu) I had the novo virus just b4 christmas, if its reassuring it only lasted a day!! A bit grotty but ok : ) xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information